Assurance Director - Data Privacy
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. THE ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
The Assurance Director will safe guard Standard Chartered through the provision of high-quality assurance over Data Privacy. Working with business and function stakeholders, the Assurance Director will shape the design and implementation of best in class data privacy controls and determine whether these controls are operating effectively in BAU.
The leader we are looking for is a curious, dynamic, and a fast learner with strong business intuitions, who's also able to spot potential risks even as early as the design phase of a new project.
This leader must have the ability to gain trust from his / her various business & function partners to ensure a seat at the table, while also proactively recommending measures to manage the associated risks on behalf of Standard Chartered as a whole.
In summary, this is the perfect role for an ambitious leader who is excited about data privacy, who desires the opportunity to define and build our data privacy assurance approach, has a passion for cutting-edge technologies, see first-line assurance as a business enabler and someone who is keen to help determine the right way to build customer trust into everything we do.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
• Working within the business (not 2nd line or audit) providing high quality, detailed 'First Line' assurance over Data Privacy.
• Analysis of business & functional processes to identify risks and control weaknesses. For example, the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls over how data is collected, created, received, transmitted, maintained and disposed of.
• Drafting and agreeing assurance findings which address the root cause(s) of the risks and control weaknesses identified.
• Acting as a 'critical friend' to business and function colleagues, and provide advice and best practice to shape the remediation of key data privacy findings and issues, and determine whether the remediation is operating effectively and sustainably in BAU.
• Defining and maintaining an efficient Data Privacy assurance methodology which delivers risk focused, timely and re-performable assurance.
• Supporting liaison with Group Internal Audit, External Audit and any third party or regulatory inspections. OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Deep understanding of global data privacy standards.
- Expertise in global data protection laws and practices with an in-depth understanding of any of the following: Personal Data Protection Act, General Data Protection Regulation, Cybersecurity Act, Safe Harbour and Multi-Jurisdictional IT / Privacy regulations and requirements such as cross-border data transfer.
- Demonstrate deep knowledge of data privacy, data handling and data classification including (but not limited to): Data and application protection, cross border data restrictions, data classification, data discovery, data governance, data loss prevention, back-up/recovery and retention etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrates ability to work with limited direction and multi-task without loss of quality
- Confident and courageous to raise/escalate issues in a pro-active, professional and timely manner
- Strong background in risk & control
- Ability to commit up to 15% business travel