Client Account On-Boarding Officer (Citi Private Bank EMEA)
The Citi Private Bank, one of the largest private banking businesses in the world, provides professional wealth management services for 26,000 clients globally, including a third of the world's billionaires, operating in 60 offices in more than 30 countries.
The Client Account Officer (CAO) role primarily provides on-boarding assistance and expertise for new and existing client relationships. Facilitating aspects of on-boarding and some maintenance processes as needed across the EMEA region.
The role interacts with control functions such as Tax, AML Compliance, KYC and Account Opening teams coordinating timely account opening needs for clients.
CAO is tasked with reducing overall account opening cycle time by analyzing and questioning process for potential improvement. Key Responsibilities:
• Working knowledge of account opening procedures and regulations.
• Preparation of documentation required to open each type of account and subsequent receipt, processing including data input, scanning and filing of returned documents.
• Ensure adequate KYC data is collected by banking teams from client.
•Partner with KnowYourClient (KYC) Teams, the Account Opening division, and other product partners to ensure expedient, efficient and seamless processing
• Proactively manage Bankers/Client expectations on delivery of account.
•Provide the highest level of customer service and teamwork to Banking teams and other internal partners
• Work to reduce the end to end account delivery cycle time.
• When allocated a completed account application pack, CAO will review and validate documents.
• CAO will create (client profile) in system entering all KYC information and uploading documents obtained from banking team.
• When client profile is submitted and requires escalated approvals by seniors, CAO will proactively engage manager and assist to prepare suitable write ups to help senior approvers navigate system and understand reason for escalation and due diligence carried out to mitigate any applicable risk.
•Continuously innovate by analyzing our onboarding processes and systems to ensure we are as efficient and effective as possible
•Engage with technology to design, build, and test new or updated applications
•Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency. Development Value:
The role provides an excellent opportunity to manage onboarding of sophisticated client structures. This allows for personal progression in the understanding of regulatory requirements, products, relationship management and sales process within an industry leading Private Bank. Required Qualifications: Knowledge/Experience preference:
• Experience working in an on-boarding or Compliance type role within the Financial Services sector
• Experience in implementation of Know Your Client (KYC) process to minimize franchise risk. Skills:
• Pro-active, demonstrates initiative.
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
• Fluency in spoken and written English, other languages an advantage.
• Ability to cope with ambiguity & change - high adaptability.
• Ability to challenge status quo and continuously optimize processes and tasks in own area of responsibility.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team. Competencies:
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines, work to tight schedules and provide a fast and efficient turnaround of tasks and problem resolutions.
• Ability to build effective working relationships across hierarchal levels and functions.
• Is aware of, and effectively manages, risk and compliance related situations in his/her area.
• Numerate, analytical mind, with strong problem-solving skills. We offer:
• Opportunity for professional development in the international and multicultural organization
• Developing opportunities and challenging assignments
• Attractive and stable employment conditions
• Social benefits (medical care, Benefit System, life insurance, pension scheme)
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .