Data Science Lead
Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Technology mitigates money laundering and terrorist financing risks for Citi and its customers in the global marketplace. It uses skilled analysts, state-of-the-art technology and globally standard policies and procedures to ensure effective monitoring and reporting of suspicious activities. The AML Data Intelligence team provides best-in-class analysis and interpretation of data and enables its clients to make fact based decisions that impact all levels of the organization. Responsibilities:
To be considered for this position you must have:
- In collaboration with others, create, analyze, interpret and present routine and ad hoc reports, interpret data and develop recommendations based on findings to provide ongoing appropriate inter-departmental communication
- Provide written explanations of approach and analysis in clear language that supports the conclusions and observations
- Apply rigorous data analysis methods to organize, analyze and interpret data and reports; ensure appropriate methodology is selected to draw conclusions and make recommendations answering specific business needs
- Validate data, identify data quality issues (if any) and address them, identify problematic areas and conduct research to determine the best course of action to correct the data
- Identify, analyze and interpret trends or patterns in complex data set
- Drive quality, reliability and usability of all work products, evaluate and refine the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data in order to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency and accuracy
- Document solutions and present results in a clear straightforward comprehensive way to non-technical audience, as well as write more formal documentation using statistical vocabulary
- Think outside the box and look for new methods to constantly improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the AML Detection, Monitoring and
- Operations systems and processes used in Citi
- Innovate and generate new ideas, concepts and models to improve methods of obtaining and evaluating quantitative and qualitative data
- Maintain an industry leading knowledge of the tools, systems and processes available for best in class AML Detection and Monitoring Operations
- Postgraduate degree in science, information technology or quantitative discipline, degree in economics/banking may be considered if very strong analytical skills proved
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
Minimum of 2-3 years of experience using SAS, R or other statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
- Very good working knowledge of SQL, 4GL, VBA, experience with other programming languages is a plus
- Experience in data mining tools/techniques and procedures
- Required experience with relational databases such as Oracle, SQL Server and Data Marts/Data Warehouses
- Data analyst / Statistics background
- AML Compliance and Mantas knowledge would be a plus
- Knowledge of the local/regional laws and regulations applicable to anti-money laundering is a plus
- Previous experience with financial services companies is preferred (retail banking, small business banking, commercial, institutional, private banking)
- Ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner
- Ability to deal with all levels of management
- Self-motivated with the ability to make decisions in the absence of detailed instructions
- Proven time and task management skills
- Conceptual and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrates a strong understanding and application of analytical techniques
- Initiative, creativity, accuracy and attention to details are essential
- Fluency in English, written and spoken
- Opportunity to work in an international, multi-cultural environment
- Cooperation with a high quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Access to the latest technologies and tools
- Excellent working environment
- Possibility to take part in a wide range of challenging projects
- The package of trainings, industry certifications
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefits
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .