Data Scientist - Algorithmic Trading Models
The Model Validation Group are looking for a candidate with a strong background in statistics, quantitative finance and econometrics.
The role will be responsible for a comprehensive assessment of models used within Citi in algorithmic trading (Algo-trading) activities across ICG Markets business. This is an exciting new opportunity as Citi looks to build a new team in Model Risk Management in this emerging area for validation.
This position is a unique opportunity to learn how models are developed and validated in a global organization such as Citi in algorithmic trading systems. Citi is a global institution which has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions.
Model Risk Management:
The team is part of the Model Risk Management Group and the individual will work closely with Algo-trading stakeholders including quants and traders. The mandate includes:
- Model validation
- Risk rating of models
- Ongoing model performance review
The main objective is to ensure that algorithmic models are used appropriately by the business and that model users are aware of the models' limitations and weaknesses that should be mitigated by compensating controls. Job Responsibilities:
Primarily to perform an independent validation of Algo-trading models across Equities, FX, Commodities, Rates and Credit in line with Citi Model Risk Management Standards. This includes:
- Perform an assessment of the back testing framework for Algo-trading models
- Perform a review of the ongoing performance monitoring of the trading algorithms
- Validate the mathematical model used by the trading strategy
- Deliver high-quality validation reports, highlighting risks and limitations of the model for the intended usage
What would you get in return:
- Minimum Master's degree in a Quantitative background (statistics, machine learning, quantitative finance, financial mathematics, econometrics, physics, mathematics or other quantitative field).
- Strong knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages - Python or R. Knowledge of languages as C++, Java, C# or Julia would be an asset
- Ability to clearly and concisely formulate findings in a written form
- Good communication skills and able to explain technical details clearly
- Team player able to work with colleagues collaboratively and stakeholders across multiple jurisdictions globally
- Ability to work independently with strong work ethic in a challenging and emerging area for model validation
- Knowledge of financial markets and products in FX, Equities, Credit, Commodities or Rates would be preferable
- Previous experience in Algo-trading, from a quant development, trading, risk or model validation perspective would be advantageous but not required
- A unique opportunity to learn how algo-trading models are developed and validated in a Tier one Global Investment Bank
- Cooperation with a high-quality team in a challenging area of the financial industry with one of the world's leading companies
- Centrally located, state-of-the-art workplace, which boosts productivity and provides the employees with areas designed specifically for team building and relax
- Access to the latest technologies and tools
- Exposure to a wide range of internal stakeholders as well as to senior management
- International working environment
- The package of trainings
- Flexibility in working hours
- Attractive conditions of employment and benefit
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - PL
Time Type :Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .