Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting - Release Management (Business Analyst) - Analyst
The Financial Accounting, Infrastructure and Reporting (FAIR)
team is accountable for the integrity of the books and records of the Firm / LOBs and leading large-scale data, infrastructure, accounting standard and business process change management events. The function enables governance of systemic and manual controls, specifically as it impacts the General Ledger, processing systems, supporting infrastructure and reporting, while also defining and implementing a global General Ledger target platform strategy. The team is currently focused on extending the Asset Class Control (ACC) model, which aligns oversight and control of the end to end lifecycle for each asset category on the balance sheet.
The team also provides a centralized program management and business analysis capability, targeted program governance, and consistent application of program management standards including system testing and change management practices.
As a member of the FAIR Release Management team
, you will work closely with Line of Business and Asset Class stakeholders, Reporting Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and technology teams across Finance.
Primary responsibilities are to drive end-to-end project strategy discussions and develop and deliver plans for successful project delivery of firmwide and LOB change events impacting regulatory reporting. Responsibilities:
As part of the project team you will have a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- In partnership with reporting SMEs understand various regulatory reports, asset class data, source system flows and complexities as it relates to the Finance and Risk applications and infrastructure
- Manage an end to end project or release plan inclusive of project or release scope, critical milestones, sourcing requirements, test strategy and execution and implementation checklists and stakeholder / technology activities
- Define a strategic onboarding and deployment plan for reports and schedules based on data consumer needs, and business benefit to the firm
- Prioritize the backlog of user stories for delivery, based on alignment to the schedule deployment plan
- Engage with development teams to ensure business needs are translated into appropriate technical specifications, and acceptance criteria is met
- Perform user acceptance testing and form an opinion about the overall data quality impact pertaining to each change
- Oversee and/or execute testing activities (data and functional testing, regression testing, user interface testing)
- Identify and drive solutions for business process re-engineering activities, along with creating supporting documentation and end user operational experience and usage of Finance and Risk platforms.
- Present key project updates and risks with diverse stakeholder audiences
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders in order to influence and facilitate multiple work streams
- Bachelor's degree required
- 1-3 years of project management and business analysis experience, especially in requirements gathering and documentation, process re-engineering and end user testing
- Experience with data analysing
- Understanding of finance related data is a plus
- Previous experience in Finance, Risk and Operations would be advantageous
- Experience with understanding and testing large quantities of data across multiple products
- Knowledge and experience of traditional credit (Loans, Deposits, Cash) and trading products (Derivatives and Securities) a plus
- Experience with Agile delivery and the JIRA tool is a plus
- Experience in creating process flows, presentations, and project plans
- Ability to quickly learn and assimilate business and technical knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with ability to tailor messaging to various audiences
- Ability to lead and influence and build strong relationships with partner teams
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple streams of work concurrently
- Must be detail oriented, highly responsible and able to work with tight deadlines
- Strong team-orientation and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; sound judgment with a risk mindset
- Overall strong desktop skills including Excel and PowerPoint
To be considered for this role, you may be required to complete the video interview powered By HireVue.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financialservices, offering solutions to the world's most important corporations,governments and institutions in more than 100 countries. We have asophisticated local market presence in Europe, Middle East and Africa which iscomplemented by staff around the world who support our growth and serve ourclients 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We are excited to expand our team inPoland and we're looking for collaborative, innovative and dedicatedindividuals to join us in our new corporate centre in Warsaw. Bring us yourexpertise and you'll be part of a global community, working with people aroundthe world and with a company that's committed to investing in you and making asuccess of this key new location for our business.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefitsprogram and a highly competitive compensation package. J.P. Morgan is an EqualOpportunity Employer.