Learning Specialist – Professional Development & Client Engagement
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Analyse learning needs in depth, define learning objectives and develop new Learning frameworks, programmes / solutions (or improve existing ones) to achieve those objectives
• Leverage innovative learning methods, channels (with reference to the external market) and technology to create compelling, engaging and effective blended learning
• Design, develop, and maintain classroom, on-the-job, self-directed, virtual classroom, and self-paced learning solutions and training content using instructional design and rapid development strategies
• Work collaboratively with key stakeholders including Learning Heads, Business, Regional Academies, Learning Technology and LSSC to deliver on design, development, implementation and evaluation
• Curate learning content and experience on interactive platforms that blend both digital and human elements.
• Develop assessment approaches to demonstrate skills and competence, where appropriate
• Evaluate the effectiveness of learning programmes and provide recommendations for improvement
• Research and contribute to the selection of external partners who can provide specific expertise and/or additional capacity (as appropriate) in order to address high priority needs
• Follow a rigorous approach (e.g. development methodology, project documentation) to assure quality
• Conduct preparation sessions (e.g. solution briefings for co-ordinators) to support successful implementation where required
• Embed data collection and feedback mechanisms throughout our learning solutions to generate data-driven, actionable insights into the Learning Product Head. Lead efforts to drive continuous performance improvement from those insights. Requirements
• Strong Learning and Development background (5 + years of experience)
• Excellent command of the English Language both spoken and written
• Experience in designing learning solutions, e- learnings, instructional design
• Ability to design learning programs
• Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent education
• Experience working in a multicultural international environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.