Sharia Control Advisor
QNB Group, the largest Financial Institution in the Middle East and Africa are looking to hire a Sharia Control Advisor, to meet the expansion needs of our office in QNB - Qatar//Doha.
QNB has enjoyed continued success with Net Profits of QAR 10.8 billion (USD3 billion) in 2018 (up by 6%) and increased Total assets to QAR 853 billion (USD 234 billion). The Group now employs over 29,000 employees in 1,200 locations, with an ATM network of more than 4,300 machines. Role Summary:
The job of the Sharia Control Advisor is to ensure the appropriate alignment of the branch banking practices according to the Islamic Sharia rules and principles that are agreed by the Sharia Committee. The Sharia Control Advisor will be responsible for providing the necessary knowledge and training support to employees and overseeing the implementation of all rules and principles as necessary to maintain alignment. Role Description:
- Participates in finance and investment and services executed in branch
- Involved in Sharia audit of all working procedures within the branch/operations
- Involved in Sharia audit of the technical systems of PTC
- Participate in the preparation of Sharia reports detailing the observations of the legitimacy of acts carried out in the branch
- Participate in the discussion of the observations and findings and recommendations with the parties before submitting the administrative report to the Sharia Committee
- Sharia Co-ordination
- Assist the other branches with any clarification in relation to contracts, products, financing and investment opportunities and communicate proposals to Head of Sharia monitoring, who will ultimately submit these to the Sharia committee.
- Study and analyse any proposal to be submitted to the Sharia Committee on potential financing and investment opportunities.
- Assist the Sharia Committee with research papers on fatwa topics requested by the Sharia Committee, with the coordination of the Head of Internal Sharia Committee.
- Participate in the arrangement of the periodical meetings of the Sharia Committee and summarize the content and outcomes of such meetings.
- Identify obstacles and problems that may prevent implantation of plans and proactively propose solutions with the coordination of Sharia Committee.
- Participate and assist other branches with the respective knowledge and information for the preparation of contracts and area of development for different products, under the supervision of Sharia Committee
- To keep Islamic Business Department, international branches and QNB subsidiaries updated with new Islamic products, Fatwas and Islamic financing methods and any other matters related to his are of responsibilities, that may come up time to time either the local market or internationally
- Justify decisions undertaken by the Sharia Committee and explain the Sharia based rules and principles in relation to contracts and products
- Train other employees on the Sharia financial implication based on the Sharia program.
- Assist in the arrangement and facilitation of training and education programs agreed by the Sharia Committee
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- All other ad hoc duties and/or activities related to QNB that management may request of the employee from time to time
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of work at a similar level, gained within a Sharia banking environment
- University degree or Post graduated in Islamic Sharia
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic
- Must have the ability to negotiate and persuade internal key stakeholders in order to implement best practice
- Must have the ability to react swiftly to urgent tasks, whilst maintaining control of day-to-day activities
- Self-confident, assertive and highly motivated
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV