Sr Software, C++ Developer
Ability to drive the project in timely delivery, being proactive in collaboration with product/BA and QA team.
The role will require successful candidates to learn our programming language which is based on Pascal in order to encode the business logic for a range of financial products. Working as a C++ developer alongside Python and Oracle developers, they will be responsible for delivering new functionality and urgent bug fixes in a short space of time. Knowledge of the relevant financial products and workflows will be gained on the job but candidates will be expected to pick this up fairly quickly and become productive in a short space of time. If successful candidate has any Python skills, then there will also be an opportunity to make use of those skills by additionally delivering bug fixes and/or unit test scripts.
Candidates with Programming Language Design and compiler design skills will be expected to help us continue the evolution of our language and associated developer tools i.e. debuggers.
Education and experience:
- A good computer science or other technical degree or equivalent
- Solid and reputable track record in programming, especially on C++ and python
- Banking / finance knowledge preferred but not essential
- A significant advantage will be a working interest in compilers and programming language design.
- Strong knowledge in C++
- Good understanding in multithreading
- Fundamental SQL knowledge
- Familiar in programming on Linux
- Ability to use Debugger tool on problem solving
- Experience in XML, Json formatted data handling
- Excellent unit testing skills
- Strong Communication skills
- Financial knowledge, nice to have.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Relational database technologies, concepts.
- Thorough knowledge of the entire Software Development Process.
- Knowledge of and experience with full life-cycle software development.
- Ability to communicate and interface effectively with other developers, QA and technical support staff
- Ability to create and document problem solving processes and procedures.
- Self-motivated individual with the ability to work well independently or as part of a team
- Attractive benefits package (Medical services, Special discounts for gyms, Meal vouchers)
- Ongoing Education (Participation in conferences and training)
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- Work from home & Flexible Working Hours
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Chillout & fun room (pool tennis, PlayStation)
- Fruit days, Coffee, tea, chocolate
- Parking Place
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.