Job Purpose As part of Group Financial Risk Management, you are responsible for the analysis and reporting of financial risk to various stakeholders, including management, Asset-Liability Management Committee (“ALCO”) and Board Risk Management Committee (“RMC”).
- Accountable for maintaining and updating the Group Financial Risk Appetite Statements for approval by the Board to establish the financial risk appetites of Great Eastern Group and ensure that risks across the Group are managed within the risk appetite set by Board;
- Review and update the group stress test program and process. Quantify and assess the impact of stress scenarios on internal economic capital and liquidity requirements. Coordinate the collation and analysis of the overall group stress test results;
- Support group wide initiatives relating to earnings analysis and capital optimization. This may include participation in IFRS 17 implementation and RBC 2 related initiatives;
- Conduct product risk assessments and recommend capital, investment and new business product limits for approval by RMC and ALCO to manage financial risks and ensure that these limits are complied with;
- Responsible for the oversight of financial models within the Group;
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and appropriate steps to mitigate the risks; and
- Highlight any potential concerns/risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Degree in Actuarial Science, Financial Engineering, Mathematics or Statistics;
- At least 5 years of working experience in Financial or Insurance industry;
- Strong analytical skills and dynamic;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent command of English;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (including VBA);
- Experience in developing Prophet, SQL, Python, R or other programming software will be a distinct advantage.
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork; and
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.