APAC Business Control - Financial Crimes and Conduct Team Leader
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
The Financial Crimes Control leader position will report to the Risk Services Leader under the Regional Business Control Leader within the Wholesale Control organization. The purpose of the International Control team is t o identify, assess and mitigate risks across Financial Crimes, Regulatory and Operational Risk types, in coordination with the supported International businesses and assurance activities consistent with the risk management framework and policies established by Independent Risk Management (IRM).
This position will be accountable for developing and leading a team for the execution of the program for financial crimes and conduct risk control. The position will be accountable for the planning and delivery of financial crimes risk control programs to implement both Corporate or Wholesale program in the region as well as any programs and controls needed to comply with local jurisdictional requirements. This position will execute the programs in corporation and conjunction with Wholesale Control teams, including LOB Control teams and the Wholesale Control Operational Risk team. This position will maintain relationships across the various Wholesale, PVSI and Wealth & Investment Management (WIM) Control (e.g. Governance, Enterprise Risk, Compliance, Operational Risk, and Financial Crimes) programs to ensure effective end-to-end integration of risk management initiatives across risk types and business control programs across International. This candidate will work cross functionally with multiple stakeholders and support partners globally. The team member will drive implementation of Wells Fargo's Corporate and business specific policies and procedures in a holistic, consistent and practical manner.
This team member must be capable leading a team to design and execute front line functions for financial crimes risk programs such as CDD, ABC, and conduct. They must also be able to work with lines of businesses and enterprise functions in regions for the design and execution of the requirements. They must be able to initiate action and manage change in a fast paced environment under regulatory scrutiny and heightened expectations. It requires a team member with strong relationship management, influencing, vision and execution skills. Specific Responsibilities:
- Partner closely with appropriate stakeholders within the Wholesale, PVSI and WIM Control organizations as well as other key stakeholders, to execute on International Control programs for financial crimes and conduct.
- Identify, design, and implement programs and controls for local jurisdictional requirements in conjunction with LOB Control teams.
- Design and implement controls to address outstanding issues within the international regions, including issues identified by Wells Fargo Audit Services and Regulators, as well as changing regulatory requirements within the industry ensuring the implementation of effective, sustainable solutions
- Ensure an adequate design of the financial crimes risk framework in region and escalate areas of concern of deficiency, including possible solutions.
- Accountable for the successful validation, audit, and regulatory inspection of the International Control implementation of risk management program requirements in alignment with Corporate Risk and Regulatory requirements.
- Promote and maintain a risk culture that encourages an informed, measured, disciplined and balanced approach to understanding and managing business process risk and controls
- Development of financial crimes and conduct risk reporting for the region and legal entities in coordination with Wholesale Control and local partners.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 8+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both;
- or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both.
- Proficient knowledge and experience in International Financial Services and regulatory agencies, especially those in the particular region.
- Extensive experience leading the development and implementation of financial crimes or conduct risk management programs and associated controls.
- Proven experience designing, developing, implementing and maintaining effective risk management programs, especially risk controls, within a large complex financial services company. Preferred experience in operationalizing controls within business operating units.
- Ability to identify and transform existing programs that may be ineffective or deficient from a technological, operational and/or human capital perspective.
- Strong experience and business acumen in the financial services industry, products, and regulatory environment.
- Previous experience executing regulatory remediation and corrective actions.
- Proven leadership ability to develop teams, lead virtual teams, and drive successful execution of change initiatives.
- Ability to articulate complex concepts in a clear manner.
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to process multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Proven ability to build dynamic and high performing teams.
- Working knowledge of Wholesale Banking.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
Leadership Expectations at Wells Fargo
As a Team Member manager, you are expected to achieve success by leading yourself, your team, and the business. Specifically you will:
- Lead your team with integrity and create an environment where your team members feel included, valued, and supported to do work that energizes them.
- Accomplish management responsibilities which include sourcing and hiring talented team members, providing ongoing coaching and feedback, recognizing and developing team members, identifying and managing risks, and completing daily management tasks.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.