As the APAC Network Operations Lead at Schroders , you will be part of the Singapore IT Infrastructure Team responsible for providing high quality IT support for all infrastructure components both in Singapore and across the Asia-Pacific region. You will manage and support LAN, WAN, firewall and audio-visual environments, provide technical leadership to the regional team and work closely with our global counterparts.
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
- Lead the Comms operations team in daily management of LAN and WAN environments, including problem isolation and resolution, performance troubleshooting and monitoring, change management, and incident management.
- Be the 2/3 level escalation point for all network incidents and escalate to vendors when necessary.
- Maintain and document IP addressing, diagrams and network segmentation
- Deliver & maintain Standards, Procedures, Best Practices and Documentation
- Ensure all critical equipment and technologies are monitored, with alerts properly set up
- Monitor and perform network health checks on a daily basis.
- Plan/schedule all weekend/monthly network maintenance activities.
- Liaise with regional and global IT teams to deploy and support systems, standards and directives.
- Maintain inventory of all equipment under management and perform monthly network reporting.
- Maintain Business Continuity
- Plan and Disaster Recovery plans for Network (Data, Voice and Video)
- Involved in project related work as required.
To be successful in this role you should possess the following requisites:
- Degree graduate with at least 10-15 years of relevant experience in infrastructure/ network
- Technically strong in routing & switching (e.g. BGP, ISIS and EIGRP, VTP, STP, VPC and OTV)
- Strong in Firewalls (e.g. Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA)
- Worked on network appliances like Bluecoat proxies, McAfee WebGateway ,Citrix Netscaler and Cisco WLC
- Possess technical experience in voice eg Cisco CUCM/CMS and Microsoft Lync is essential
- Advanced Cisco certification is required e.g. CCNP and above
- Ability to demonstrate commitment and ownership on a regional and global basis towards a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to act independently in a fast-changing environment
- At least 2-3 years in a team mangement role
- Experience with integrating/adapting with other operation support teams
- Proficient in both verbal and written English
- Understanding of IPS/IDS, cybersecurity scanner is preferred
- Knowledge on Audio-visual systems e.g. Polycom and Cisco codec is an advantage