Job Purpose You will be part of the Group AML/CFT Compliance Team to execute and enhance compliance governance and oversight of Anti-Money Laundering & Counter Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) compliance framework in Singapore and the Group entities.
- Develop and formulate Group AML/CFT Policy, Standards and operating procedures & controls and ensure effective implementation of the program group-wide;
- Ensure timely & appropriate action is taken on matters where ML/TF activities suspected;
- Provide Group oversight and compliance advisory to all local entities, business units and compliance officers to ensure adopting of adequate measures to manage/mitigate the risk of AML/CFT;
- Participate, manage and run Group wide and local AML/CFT related projects;
- Responsible for risk assessment exercises required (such as Enterprise-Wide Risk Assessment, Compliance Risk Self-Assessment, benchmark against regulations etc.);
- Prepare risk management reports for submission to various stakeholders;
- Serve as the reference point for the regulators, internal and external auditors;
- Conduct analysis of issues and findings from audit and inspections;
- Develop & implement initiatives for improvement, re-engineering processes and transform practices to enhance the Group AML/CFT program;
- Conduct compliance assurance exercises on AML/CFT program throughout the Group entities;
- Conduct training on AML/CFT developments and typologies to cultivate good risk and compliance culture within the Group;
- Manage and supervise team members to deliver Group AML/CFT initiatives and outcomes;
- Develop the team to be equipped with adequate skills and knowledge in the fast changing AML/CFT regulatory environment;
- Support the Head of Group AML/CFT Compliance in AML/CFT deliverables;
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks;
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and appropriate steps to mitigate the risks; and
- Highlight any potential concerns/risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Degree in Finance/Commerce/Economics/Banking/Law/Engineering from a recognized university or tertiary institution;
- At least 7 years relevant working experience in the area of AML/CFT, compliance, internal audit or risk management in financial services industries;
- Broad knowledge of business, products and operations of the financial services industries (either banks, insurance and capital market firms), familiar with AML/CFT regulatory requirements and international standards;
- AML specialist certification with a recognized institution/association will be an advantage;
- Good interpersonal & communication skills, able to handle difficult situations, adaptable to fast-pace environment and able to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines;
- Good analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills;
- Resourceful, proactive and able to work independently as well as in a team;
- High level of integrity, takes accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork; and
- Takes initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes.
To all recruitment agencies: Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.