Accounting Controls & Projects Officer
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific - https://careers.apac.bnpparibas
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
To support the Finance & Controls function for BNP Paribas entities in Singapore, more particularly to be part of a team of five in charge of accounting controls & projects.
This position is a transversal one with both an accounting and a project management (incl. processes optimization) component.
This position involves close interactions with all the other Finance Departments within the Bank (Financial Reporting, Accounts Payables, Management Accounting, Taxes etc) as well as with the Bank's Business Lines and other support functions.
1. Perform 1st level accounting controls on the in-scope Singapore entities in accordance with the Group and APAC Finance Accounting Control plan;
2. Lead and/or contribute to the optimization & harmonization of the accounting controls set-up and processes , including:
• Automation & harmonization of accounting controls workflows & processes using various tools (excel, VBA, accounting systems etc)
• Formalization of accounting controls including development of accounting controls templates, procedures etc;
• Set-up / strengthening of accounting controls best practices
3. Lead and/or contribute to Singapore Finance-related projects , including but not limited to:
• Investigation & resolution of accounting control issues identified,
• Internal transversal processes review & optimization;
• Accounting systems implementations and User Acceptance Tests on new products;
• New / amended accounting schemes implementations;
• Assistance / advisory to the Business Lines when applicable on Finance- / accounting-related matters;
Contribute to BNPP internal permanent control framework;
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
1/ IT skills: Microsoft Office - Excellent agility with Excel in particular databases incl. Pivot Tables and V-lookup (basic VBA & Access would also be a plus)
2/ Financial accounting knowledge (banking accounting background would be a plus)
3/ SAP knowledge would be a plus but not mandatory
1/ Analytical & synthesis skills
2/ Organized & rigorous
3/ Self starter
4/ Strong written & oral English communication skills