Associate, Murex Application SRE, Investment & Trading Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels.
ITT (Investment Trading Technology) team supports T&M (Treasury and Markets) and is looking for the right candidate to support Murex 3.1 applications. Murex is one of the leading applications in the areas of global trading, risk management and trade processing and DBS is using it for cross asset classes, Front to Risk to Back in a setup with multiple production environments and grids, connections to many upstream and downstream systems. This challenging role provides a unique opportunity to support a community of hundreds of regional users belonging to Front-Office, Operations, Finance, Credit & Market Risk and Limits Management. In this dynamic environment the team will also strive to improve the system stability through continuous improvement and participate into the ambitious pipeline of projects.
- Perform root cause analysis and contribute to problem solving
- Ability to provide continuous improvement initiatives and automating recurring tasks
- A team player across all sub-teams within Murex Support group
- Able to provide quality service to business users
- To provide day-to-day production support for the Murex/MLC/Risk users (Front office, Back-office, Finance etc).
- To carry out Duty Support rotations among the team members. Mostly on-call basis during off office hours.
- Able to work shift hours during support duty week and to carry out implementations on weekends.
- Trouble-shoot Technical related problems and take corrective action
- To develop monitoring tools/alerts to create proactive actions
- To work with third party vendor/support team to provide a seamless support model for the business.
- Able to take ownership of issues and follow through to closure.
- To coordinate and perform system maintenance process.
- To setup and support Murex/MLC/VaR Environments for User Acceptance Testing.
- To assist in rolling out of new version of the application adhering to the best practices of the release management procedures.
- To be able to drive himself/herself to learn new things while dealing with daily production support
- To communicate effectively and work efficiently with a group of people supporting both functional/technical areas.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering/ School of Computing/ Finance IT/ other related IT degrees would be preferred.
- IT Support experience with minimum 2 years would be desirable.
- Knowledge in Murex application is a plus.
- Experience in Cloud architecture such as AWS is desirable.
- Technical skills on Sybase/Oracle SQL, Unix Shell scripting is highly desirable.
- Working experiences in a Unix/Linux platform is a must. Skills in Windows environment is a plus.
- Experience with Symphony (Grid Computing) would be a plus.
- Experience in supporting Murex/MLC/VaR application would be greatly desired.
- Experience with CMMI processes and documentation is preferred.
- Experience in supporting Treasury & Markets Applications is a plus.
- Possesses CFA level 1 and above is a plus.
- Working in a very collaborative and agile team, you are expected to work interdependently - collaborate, negotiate, make trade-offs, handle conflicts. Strong capability to solve problems, be an out-of-box thinker who frequently comes up with new ideas.
- Good communication skills and ability to articulate to internal users with clear and precise answers.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.