Internal Audit, Retail, Credit, Risk, Bank
Audit Manager - Retail Banking
Competitive compensation and benefits package
Employee Status: Permanent
Our client, Standard Chartered, is a global bank which is big enough to be relevant to the world’s most sophisticated corporations but small enough to be local, nimble and innovate. They tap into their DNA as a global trade bank, committing to the dynamic markets where they have operated for over 150 years. They link these markets with each other, as well as to Europe and the Americas, to help their corporate and institutional clients manage their global investing and financing needs. In addition, Standard Chartered use their deep knowledge in local markets to help their customers and clients grow, invest and protect their wealth. Standard Chartered Bank can offer [role, e.g. Development Managers] outstanding opportunities.
Why work at Standard Chartered?
Standard Chartered believe that every one of their colleagues plays a tangible role in delivering their purpose – “Driving commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity.” They all feel strongly about living their valued behaviours – Never settle, Doing the right thing, and Better together and their culture makes this organisation special. Standard Chartered Bank have always sought continuously to improve, to challenge themselves and to drive change within the industry, the world we live in, and with themselves to live up to their brand promise - to be Here for good.
The success of the Bank and the achievement of their business strategy hinges on the way they invest in, manage and organise their people, the employee experience they create and the culture they build. Standard Chartered are building a future ready workforce enabled by digital skills, organisational adaptability and leadership at every level. They are committed to creating an inclusive and flexible environment where their diverse talent feels able and inspired to make a meaningful contribution to the prosperity of our clients.
The Role Responsibilities
- Group Internal Audit (GIA) is looking for an experienced Retail Banking Audit professional with a solid background and strong knowledge around the key risks and controls in a retail asset and/or liability business.
- This is a key role in the Retail Banking Audit team. The team provides independent assessments of risk management and internal control environment of retail banking businesses globally for senior management at country, region and global level.
- The products covered are Credit Cards, Personal Unsecured Lending, Mortgage, Auto Loans, Business Banking Products and Customer Deposits.
- This role reports to Head of Audit for Retail Banking Products.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support risk assessment for Retail Banking asset portfolios globally by applying relevant business insights along with key and emerging risk trends – internal, external and regulatory.
- Develop and independently manage effective senior management stakeholder relationships to ensure comprehensive understanding of business strategy, plans and performance and processes related to management of retail banking products.
- Participate or Lead or manage, audit engagements focussed on other Retail Banking products to meet the annual audit plan. Consistently deliver high quality audit issues and reports in a timely manner with audit issues focussed on key risks, root causes, materiality and succinct messages.
- Closely follow latest developments and trends in the area of retail banking auditing techniques and related areas like credit risk management, anti-money laundering, BASEL III, retail banking technology and data-privacy. For this role holder credit risk management will be a special area of focus.
- Champion development of knowledge and expertise in retail banking auditing within GIA country teams and the Retail Banking Audit team.
- Prepare presentations, concept papers, management update reports on emerging risk and audit themes as and when directed. The focus will be in credit risk management.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Experienced internal auditor or credit risk professional or business practitioner who has deep subject matter expertise in a number of retail banking products with special emphasis on retail credit. Prior exposure to product management and /or credit risk management is preferred.
- Background in auditing of credit risk within a financial institution is a strong plus. Candidates without prior audit experience but with strong domain expertise in all aspects of retail credit risk including credit analytics, policy and credit operations will also be considered
- Prior experience and track record of project management, team leading, maintaining high level of credibility with senior management as well as demonstrating sound judgement and sensitivity to deal with cultural and geographic diversity is essential
- You must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing. Be able to prepare high quality written audit issues and reports, as well as be able to objectively summarize and draw out key themes and risks for management attention. A high level of comfort on handling data and drawing out business inference and insights from data is a strong plus.
- Be self-motivated and able to function independently. Should have a collaborative approach and be a team player and be able to role model core values of Standard Chartered.
- Accounting / Audit qualification is strongly preferred (including e.g. ACA, ACCA, IIA).
- Minimum 7 years of work experience in banking industry with a risk and controls focus.
Ability to commit to up to a maximum of 40% travel.
- Candidates with 12 years or more experience with corresponding track record of holding responsibility levels at a higher level may be considered for a Senior Manager role.