Bulk Commodity Principal Analyst, Maritime & Trade
As a Bulk Commodity Principal Analyst at IHS Markit Maritime & Trade, you will be responsible for playing a key role in developing and maintaining market intelligence and research flow for our Commodities@Sea Bulk (Coal, Iron ore, Bauxite etc) product. You will be part of a growing team which aims to deliver visibility for our clients into the dynamics of freight market, trade flow intelligence and underlying physical trade in commodity markets.
- Be able to provide written analysis, analytical commentary and interpretation of developing trends in bulk commodities & freight.
- Be able to generate highly commercial and actionable insights for trade flow and freight intelligence leveraging our suite of commodity and fleet analytics products.
- Ability to deliver analysis and insights through client meetings, industry conferences in a concisely written documents is essential.
- Contribute to consulting projects in the bulk commodity and freight domain.
You will be working in the Maritime & Trade Research & Analytics Team based in Singapore and work closely with the global product development and analytics teams.
- Educated to degree level or 7-10 years of relevant work experience in commodity or freight market research or trading houses.
- Expert knowledge of bulk commodity market analysis and freight drivers based on strong understanding of macroeconomics.
- Highly comfortable in working with big data and ability to quickly adapt and work with new technology applications.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships both internal and external.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively with global teams across different time zones whilst simultaneously carrying out independent activities.
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace. In addition, in the United States, we perform pre-employment drug testing and are required as a federal contractor to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.