Business Development Manager (ASEAN)
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- S&P Global
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Business Development Manager (ASEAN)
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is responsible for seeking and building high level relationships through driving net sales and growth for core, large and/or complex contracts and delivering customer value by building a sound enterprise strategy and solution.
Consultative Sales and Negotiations
- Meets and exceeds revenue quota through the management and execution of the sales process
- Employs consultative sales techniques to manage renewals, generate new opportunities and drive growth
- Increase sales of new and non-benchmark services to new and existing users, divisions and locations
- Growth achieved with full attention to retention of existing business
- Establishes and maintains a good rapport with senior contacts across key divisions and regions
- Conducts high-level customer-facing presentations and new product development discussions
- Is able to maintain and grow further, Platts' relationship and engagement with the Ministries and their agencies of respective commodity verticals.
- Lead and drive benchmark penetration of Platts commodities
- Prevents cancellations and mitigates risk by ensuring existing clients continue to derive value from Platts services
- Devise value-add plan for Clients with enterprise-wide licenses by working closely with the Client Services, Commodity Specialists, Marketing and Content team to drive increased usage and broader adoption
- Develops and regularly updates comprehensive customer-centric account sales strategy/ plan that is established in collaboration with customer and key stakeholders to ensure alignment with client needs and Platts' strategy
- Leverages the knowledge built on clients and inputs from sourced from Client Development Managers, Director of Client Strategy and key stakeholders from other functions
- Monthly activity reporting with feedback on client and market developments that impacts business
- Provides accurate forecasting
- Ensures all leads, opportunities, activities, contacts, customers' explicit needs, advances and buying cycle status are captured in a timely manner.
- Degree with minimum 5 years of successful experience managing client relations within major or complex accounts, preferably in a commodity information provider or consulting role
- Preferably with knowledge of the Oil industry and other commodities such as Petrochemicals, LNG and Metals with understanding of front, mid and back office functions, as well as analysts
- A hunter cum farmer role that requires consultative sales and negotiation skills experience, possess high integrity and adept at all phases of the selling cycle from need creation, proposal preparation, negotiation to deal closure
- Excellent communication (verbal, non-verbal & written) and presentation skills
- Proven leadership in managing multi-national and/or strategic accounts, multi-cultural awareness and regional experience is preferred
- Very strong planning and organizational skills, able to prioritize
- Proven success in doing business in Asia
- Competent with systems (Oracle, Salesforce, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Frequent travelling required around the region
S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with confidence. We're the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or other legally protected categories, subject to applicable law.