Business Manager – Cash Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Assist with strategic planning including the development and production of strategic plans, management business reviews, performance updates, and associated research, analysis, and presentation.
- Lead, develop, implement, and track business initiatives / projects
- Support the design, review, and roll-out of scorecards including the assessment of relevant / applicable metrics, and the coordination of the target setting process for business and individual scorecards.
- Support the delivery of management information to meet the needs of business and assist in talent management, P3 process, learning and development initiatives such as training workshops, learning curriculums, staff surveys, certification programs, etc.
- Continuously improve business management efficiency by simplifying and standardizing operational processes and procedures. Identify and implement best practices in resources and processes, ensuring consistency and relevancy.
- Support business Global Process Owners (GPO) to investigate business operational risks, devise mitigants, and drive regular reviews with requisite BORM engagement.
- Work with business and infrastructure stakeholders to identify and prioritise systems enhancements, and associated business cases and investments.
- Manage delegated authorities, systems access approvals and client portfolio tagging, clean up and governance.
- Coordinate and support business engagements with other teams / partners in the Bank and external parties (i.e. consultants, vendors, auditors, regulators, clients, media/publications, etc).
- Organise/coordinate business meetings and escalations with stakeholders and support functions (eg. ManCo, Pre-MBR, Offsite, CEF, Product Forums etc).
- Prepare reports, presentations, papers, and review material to support discussions and decision making at various forums (e.g. TBMT / PGC / CIBMT/ RMT / ALCO / CEF, etc)
- Facilitate both internal and external communication (e.g., business update, appointments, team calls, town halls, press release, Bridge, media interviews) as well as brand / marketing related activities (e.g., client events, industry / proprietary forums, etc)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Creative problem-solver with good multi-tasking skills, able to prioritise issues and resolve them efficiently.
- Mature self-starter who can quickly get up to speed and take a strategic view.
- Ability to work on broad strategic projects as well as day-to-day process-oriented tasks.
- Strong organisational skills and process discipline in order to drive multiple agendas.
- Flexibility and responsiveness in order to handle changing priorities and urgent requests from senior management.
- Experience of working in the geographic/functional matrix.
- Ability to engage stakeholders well in both a one-to-one relationship and team environment.
- Maintain discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
- Multi cultural awareness. Proven success of working effectively with people of different backgrounds.
- Graduate with a minimum of 10 years experience.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office - Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel a must.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.