are you looking for a unique opportunity to support the development of UBS’s risk management frameworks using big data and advanced analytics?
are you good at working with business and functional partners in helping them manage risks and implement necessary controls using digital tools?
are you passionate about emerging technologies like data analytics, artificial intelligence, machine learning?
The role is to drive and change the organization using the power of big data and advanced analytics, develop competitive advantage from our data and analytic assets, and improve risk management by generating insights that yield better, faster and smarter decisions.
We’re looking for someone who can:
• continuously develop and drive the data management and advanced analytics strategy to support the risk frameworks, controls and governance
• drive the adoption and usage of the global analytics tools set to reach efficient and effective risk frameworks and controls
• asses and actively contribute to the road map of tools, methodologies and technologies to achieve higher levels of analytics in order to continuously identify breakthrough insights and deliver results
• build trusted relationships with business and functional partners to improve risk management frameworks and controls using data analytics
• use risk management analytics tools to support the prioritization, planning, and execution of appropriate mitigating actions
• lead and manage change projects involving local, regional and global stakeholders
You’ll be working in the UBS Wealth Management Asia Pacific (WM APAC) Regional Business Risk Organization Competence Center (BRO CC). We support the WM APAC business as the first-line risk management and front-to-back (FtB) risk framework owners for regulatory and policy compliance topics of Client Tax, Crossborder, Investment Suitability, Pricing, Client Due Diligence, Anti-Fraud and Capital Market Reforms.
Our newly established Data & Advanced Analytics team designs, maintains and support the development of analytical controls to demonstrate risk framework compliance (health checks) and identify high risk activities (outliers) for investigation. We engage and collaborate with the Business, Ops, IT, Legal, Compliance, Reporting and Analytics Teams regionally and globally to harness big data analytics in order to improve the design and operating effectiveness of our risk control frameworks.
• university or Advanced degree, preferably in Business, Finance, Risk Management, Data Sciences or related disciplines
• 8 to 10 years of relevant experience in banking, finance, risk management, data and statistical analysis
• ability to work with data including agile methodology and coding skills using common data science tools (e.g., Power Query, Python); visualization tools (e.g. Tableau); and database language (e.g. SQL) and applying them to business and decisions
• understand the Wealth Management Risk and Compliance topics, and sources of relevant customer and transaction data
• experience in a regional environment across multiple line of business and familiar with location / regional / global working dynamics
• ability to summarize complex ideas (including technical/statistical ideas) in business-friendly language
• ability to handle multiple projects with minimal oversight, and to respond to changing business priorities
• a team player with the ability to work independently and able to work under pressure
• a highly organized and detail-orientated person with a “Get it right first time “approach
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.