Business Solutions and Assurance, AVP
The following aspects of this role are indicative only and in no way limits the organisation in allocating additional and or alternative accountabilities (specific tasks, projects or related activities) to the employee, within the scope of the employee's level of competence, experience, knowledge and qualification. Business Analyst and Consulting [30%]
Define, review, recommend and document business processes and software requirements for technology initiatives, operating model designs, new products and services and any other business initiatives.
Business Controls and Risk Management [30%]
- Collect, review and analyse information to make sound recommendations
- Ensure cost/benefit analysis are presented and well understood
- Identify and analyse opportunities to improve processes/and or reduce risk areas in order to assist in meeting SSAL's business units desired cost/efficiency targets or client needs
- Production of project documentation as required (initiation, scope, business and IT requirements, change request, project plans, test plans, closure, dashboards, risk and issues log, etc)
Direct key, high visibility, high impact first line of defense (FLOD) projects such as governance and oversight of outsourced activity, local policy and regulatory review, in addition to other projects which arise due to increased risk or priority to drive greater efficiencies.
Client Service (Internal/External) [10%]
- Participate in or establish regional / global committees and working groups as necessary to execute the FLOD initiatives
- Ensure the needs of local, regional and global committees are understood and provide them with timely reports on updates, achievements, issues & risks and action plans
- Maintenance of local policy & regulatory requirements;
- Continuously promote the awareness and value-add of the team across stakeholder groups it services and supports
Adopt a pro-active role in establishing SSAL as a key component for client success through:
- Establishing and maintaining client and business relationships including communication, report delivery, project management and strategy development
- Building trusting relationships with internal providers and clients
- Consulting with internal and external stakeholders to develop solutions
- Responsiveness and appropriate updates and communication with all stakeholders
- Updating clients with product development, regulatory changes and State Street initiatives
Strengthen our foundation and enhance our culture so that we can continue to exceed the expectations of our constituents.
Personal Development [10%]
- Positively engage with and influence the business and clients to ensure optimal outcome and solutions
- Foster an environment that supports effective teamwork across the organisation
- Build commitment in others for corporate and client objectives
Actively commit to developing yourself and others to drive the competitive advantage achieved through a diverse, engaged and mobile workforce.
- Keeping abreast of related developments in the industry and providing advice to management and relevant parties
- Maintaining knowledge of internal system and operational developments
- Sharing new information with the team, broader business and management