Business Surveillance Manager (Associate Director)
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today! General Description
The incumbent is required to conduct surveillance reviews in an accurate and timely manner as part of Surveillance team within Business Risk Management ("BRM") under Risk Management Function. He/she is responsible to closely follow up with completion of reviews and collaborate closely with stakeholders. The candidate is expected to demonstrate clear thinking process in raising observations and support with evidence of fact-finding and assessment. Main Duties
- Conduct surveillance reviews in accordance to the BRM Surveillance Methodology to review on front office and/or other staff's compliance with the Bank's policies and procedures as well as regulatory requirements including SFA/FAA requirements, MAS Notices and Guidelines, Fair Dealing Guidelines and Private Banking Code of Conduct.
- Engage with front office and/or other staff to ensure end-to-end completion of surveillance reviews through clear fact finding and rectification by Front office and/or other staff of any observation(s) noted.
- Collaborate with stakeholders including Business Management, Compliance, Operational Risk and Product Management Group.
- Consolidate and prepare surveillance findings and management reports to Senior Management.
- Highlight findings and lesson learnt to relevant front office and/or other staff through the conduct of surveillance reviews with observations noted.
- Provide support to line manager and ensure timely escalation.
- Participate in changes for internal BRM Surveillance reviews methodology.
- Participate in projects and/or process improvements to enhance effectiveness and efficiency of BRM Surveillance
- Contribute in information gathering during audit reviews.
- Private Banking surveillance experience in 6-8 years or more
- QA experience in Private banking surveillance compliance related function is preferred
- Good knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements such as Fair dealing practices and Private banking code of conduct
- High level of integrity, independent, adaptable and committed with high level of initiative.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Well organized and a team player with a positive can-do attitude.
- Ability to guide peer teammates
- Ability to work well under stress when challenged on highlighted observations
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skill
- University degree or equivalent from a reputable institution