CDD Assurance Specialist
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Support Retail management in executing the 1 st line assurance on Source of Wealth (SoW) quality in adherence to the bank's prevailing CDD standards and the respective AML/CDD regulatory requirements globally. Highlight thematic issues and key risks arising out of the tests to the Retail management (Country, Region & Group) for improving the quality of CDD files. Business
- Provide assurance testing for Source of Wealth (SoW) quality across Retail booking centres globally.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Process Owners, Risk Control owners and the Business (Region/Country/Group) to understand overall CDD process/practices and areas which create the conditions for CDD risk.
- Conduct monitoring and testing of CDD files to ensure to ensure quality and compliant execution as well as sustainability of bank's CDD standards and AML/CDD regulations for Retail globally.
- Ensure Quality Assurance results are comprehensive and well documented and accurately identify AML/CDD risk factor.
- Analyse and assess Quality Assurance results and validate ongoing remediation or improvement activities in order to determine whether issues identified are systemic and develop appropriate corrective/improvement action plans, as necessary
- Discuss potential findings with relevant stakeholders including the process owners, risk owners at both global and country levels.
- Maintain the Quality Assurance program, identifying and implementing opportunities for increased effectiveness, efficiency, and risk mitigation
- Perform ad-hoc, special or focused reviews as necessary.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Provide analysis and recommendations for the effective management of CDD risks within Retail under the Group's Risk Management Framework.
- Escalate risks to Head, CDD Assurance, Head, CDD Assurance PvB, Head, AML CDD Management for Individual Clients where the residual risks are outside agreed tolerance based on testing/assessment results.
- Ensure that CDD risk matters are subject to direct remedial action and/or escalation as appropriate.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Take a leadership role in helping Retail to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Head, AML CDD Management for Individual Clients
- Retail FCC
- Retail OR
- Retail COO (Regional, Group and country)
- Retail CDD Operations Heads (Region and country)
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- Retail Business and organisational literacy
- At least 3-5 years of banking experience
- Knowledge of relevant AML laws/regulatory requirements, particularly with respect to Retail banking. Private banking experience will be a plus.
- AML Compliance or Audit experience, particularly in connection with KYC and the Regular Review process would be an added advantage
- Previous experience in connection with KYC reviews and/or remediation will also be considered
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
- Adept at critical evaluation of complex concepts and verbose documents
- Understanding of the Bank's Control Framework and Committee Structure
- Understanding of external regulatory environment
- Ability to write reports/periodic management summary.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.