CIB F&BM CEM Product Control - Analyst/ Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds and perspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. We encourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and all employees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we work hard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learn more about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees build successful careers and reach their greatest potential.
The Markets Product Control team within IB Finance and Business Management produces daily P&L and risk reporting, performs balance sheet and capital management functions and ensures the accuracy and integrity of the Financial Statements. The team partners closely with Front Office, Business Management, Financial Control, Middle Office, VCG, and Market Risk to drive the control agenda across the business.
The successful candidate should demonstrate strong knowledge in the 3 core Product Controls areas:
1-RWA, Capital, Funding and Balance Sheet Usage
2-Product Knowledge and daily PnL reporting
3-Good understanding of Risk Responsibilities:
• Manage the controllers team/ Contribute to the team as a team member
• Production and oversight of daily PnL and Risk reports, with relevant understanding of the drivers
• Monitoring and understanding of the Business Balance Sheet and work with managers to optimize it
• Drive the Business capital agenda, providing insights and analytical analysis
• Prepare, verify accuracy, and perform variance analysis for monthly and quarterly regulatory reporting disclosures.
• Constant focus on operating efficiently and improving processes while maintaining a strong control environment.
• Participate and Drive in several on-going and ad-hoc projects
• Be the Business go person for any financial information Qualifications
• Develop and maintain key relationships with senior managers in Front Office, Business Management and Support functions.
• Be comfortable liaising with business and risk managers and exerting influence over these partners when necessary to further the control agenda.
• Be a highly-motivated individual who is able to handle a high level of complexity in their product coverage.
• Shift focus of task with relative ease in accordance with changing priorities and be comfortable dealing with a sometimes stressful, fast-paced trading and month end priority-driven environment.
• Demonstrate a strong understanding of the end to end control environment
• Understand the regulatory, credit, market risk, tax and accounting issues as they relate to the product or legal entities the business transacts within. Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
• CA, CPA Qualified - desirable
• Minimum 5 years of experience in similar role
• Deep understanding of principles of P&L and Risk management for derivatives
• Strong understanding of Capital allocation, RWA and Balance Sheet
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent desktop/spreadsheet/database skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work under pressure