CRO - Regional Head Asia Pacific - Workout & Recovery Management - Director
The Risk division has a fundamental responsibility to protect the Bank. With group-wide responsibility for the management and control of credit, market, operational and reputational risks, we have a unique vantage point which allows us a holistic view of our businesses and our clients. Nearly 4,000 employees work together to achieve our ambition to be an industry-leading risk management organisation.
In an increasingly complex environment, risk management is fast-becoming the most sought after place to build a career within the banking world. Risk at Deutsche Bank is relied upon to help shape the strategy of the organisation and the wider industry agenda. Position Overview Position Overview
Regional Head Asia Workout & Recovery Management (WRM) is responsible for devising and conducting all aspects of a workout, restructuring and/or recovery strategy with respect to a discrete portfolio of stressed and distressed borrowers/exposures in Asia Pacific. Among the RM's primary objectives are to minimize loan losses, protect Deutsche Bank's capital and, where feasible, support the Bank's client relationships. Together with his team he either handles workout situations by himself or coordinates regional activities within Deutsche Bank. Regional Head Asia WRM reports directly into the Global Head of WRM. Position Responsibilities:
Experience and skills required
- Perform comprehensive, in-depth analysis of stressed, distressed and non-performing loan and other exposures to corporate clients across all lending products and functions
- Define and clearly document workout strategies, including detailed action plans and timelines, updating these on a regular basis
- Develop and implement exposure recovery strategies; create value by delivering de-risking and recovery solutions in respect of impaired, non-performing loans
- Support and work with WRM credit officers in rendering and implementing credit decisions regarding restructuring exposures, including in respect of waivers, amendments and new financings
- Assist credit officers in the determination and preparation of Credit Loss Provisions, charge-offs/write-offs, and related documentation and bookings
- Interact and coordinate with various departments within and outside of CRM, including Business Aligned Risk Management, Legal, Loan Operations, Finance, and Deutsche Bank's Front Office, as well as with external constituencies such as other lenders, investors and restructuring professionals
- Assist with WRM Global and Asia Pacific Regional reporting requirements
- Work closely with senior Regional Management in the Risk Division to communicate the status of distressed credit exposures, the potential for credit loss provisions, specific recovery strategies, and portfolio and macro-economic trends
- Interface with internal and external auditors and regulatory examiners
- Actively engage in early warning and watchlist processes to detect new workout situations at earlier stages
- MBA or comparable university degree and multiple years of expertise in banking industry, ideally in Asia Pacific
- Extensive knowledge and longstanding expertise in handling of non-performing loans. Comprehensive legal, workout and restructuring expertise.
- Strong personality with excellent leadership, communication and negotiation skills
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.