Do you have sharp analytic skills and the ability to identify compliance and risk issues? Do you have the passion to resolve issues and provide trusted advice to your business partners and stakeholders?
We are looking for someone a Compliance Officer to join the Asset Management Business Aligned Compliance and Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) team to:
• Provide high quality C&ORC advice to Business and Support functions on applicable internal policies, laws and regulations
• Provide high level analysis on changes to regulations and provide support to the Business on implementation
• Carry out compliance monitoring and perform ad-hoc investigations into matters or issues that are escalated to C&ORC
• Be responsible for ongoing review and update of Compliance Manual and key procedure documents
• Participate in various local and regional projects
• Design and delivery of compliance training and / or materials
This role fits within the Asset Management Compliance & Operational Risk Control (C&ORC) function. As a member of the Singapore AM Business Aligned C&ORC team, the role will be based in Singapore with other C&ORC functions. The Singapore C&ORC team forms part of the Asia Pacific team ultimately reporting to the Regional Head of C&ORC.
• At least 6+ years of relevant experience either within a Legal, Compliance, regulatory or audit function pertaining to Asset Management
• Working knowledge fund management and securities laws, regulations, directives and expectations
• Knowledge of the financial services marketplace and its component parts, across the Retail, Wholesale and Institutional channels
• Strong communication and engagement skills, with an ability to deal with potentially contentious issues effectively
• Proficient in Microsoft Office including powerpoint, excel and word
•Self-motivated, confident, and out-going and enthusiastic in nature, with the ability to act with tenacity and diplomacy
• Pragmatic with the ability to ‘think on your feet’, balancing commercial objectives with legal, regulatory and ethical considerations to arrive at a sound judegment or decision and providing compelling solutions
• Able to prioritize effectively, identify problems and seek practical solutions
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.