Credit Specialist Recovery
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
Recovery Management International (RMI) is a team within Credit Risk Management and is responsible for the management of all non-Swiss assets that are classified as impaired or flagged for surveillance. The objective of RMI is to maximize recovery, minimize legal risks associated with positions that are under its management, and minimize reputational risk to the Firm.
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Key Responsibilities include:
- Monitoring of business and financial performance of the debtors
- Assisting Senior Members of the RMI APAC team on matters relating to:
- Approving and executing amendments, waivers, consents and any other legal documents pertaining to the impaired asset portfolio
- Proposing, negotiating and executing sale of impaired assets
- Proposing provisions and charge-offs for accrual based assets
- Proposing valuations for fair value based assets under the management of RMI
- Initiating litigation filings against debtors/guarantors in order to achieve maximum recovery
- Performing all administrative tasks associated with the management of the impaired asset portfolio, including monthly MIS reporting and data maintenance in credit system
- Engage with internal business partners and external parties such as clients, legal and financial advisors, and auditors as required.
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- Undergraduate degree (preferably in finance, accounting, or economics) and 3- 5 years of restructuring experience at a large investment, commercial bank or Financial Advisor specialized in corporate recovery or insolvency advisory in the Asia Pacific region
- Good experience of working in more challenging jurisdictions such as Indonesia, China, India and Australia
- Good industry contacts with Financial Advisors, law firms as well as other banks and funds within the region
- Outstanding analytical problem solving skills, financial modelling capability and Project Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work independently and in a team. Organized along with being efficient and can accurately multi-task
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.