Crude Lead Analyst, Eastern Hemisphere
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- BP Plc.
- 23 Jul 18 2018-07-23
This front office Leadership role involves working closely with market-facing traders to drive successful trading strategy for IST. The goal of IST Global Oil Analytics is to identify changes in supply and demand fundamentals and communicate the likely impact on price action to the trading benches in a timely fashion - this will help drive continued growth in trading profits.
The successful candidate will Lead a team of bench analysts with that work closely with Traders to help inform successful trading strategies, including delivering and coordinating key analytics projects. Sitting alongside the Traders on the relevant bench, they are expected to respond to requests for market analysis. Integral to this is the regular and standardised market reports that they create to help summarise recent changes in market conditions and provide insight on future expectations. The role will also be involved in both short and long term Analytics projects which aim to give BP greater insight into cross commodity linkages, supporting long term Crude negotiations and strategy workstreams.
*Key accountabilities :
• Lead a team of analysts that drive useful and insightful analysis for the Crude Trading Book within the Eastern Hemisphere. Forecasting EH Crude supply and demand, generating commercial insights from the fundamental analysis
• Foster dialogues with Traders on the research outcomes to support or challenge the Trading Books positions
• Set the strategic direction for EH Crude Analytics: Work closely with the Global Crude analysts, Cross bench and EH China Analytics team to share knowledge and meet common objectives
• Responsible for the professional development EH Crude analysts, including development action plans.
• Support the continuing development of the Analytics infrastructure, including the development of econometric supply and demand models as well as bottom-up refinery supply models
• Work in a proactive manner to support origination and trading in understanding market dynamics and potential outcomes
• Continually solicit requests for ad hoc analysis