Cybersecurity Intelligence Group Analyst/Senior Analyst (Threat)
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
As an experienced professional in our cybersecurity organization, you won't just be watching over our data - you'll be finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, advise on best practices and support our business and technology groups. By taking the lead on incident response, risk reviews, vulnerability assessments and identifying threats, you'll help us deliver cost-effective solutions that put our clients first. You'll deploy best practices, new policies and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. By presenting your findings to senior leaders, you'll sharpen your communication and presentation skills. As part of our global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a critical impact on our company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world. Cybersecurity Intelligence Group (CIG)
holds the global mandate for JPMorganChase's cyber intelligence collection, analysis, and dissemination of finishedproducts to JPMorgan Chase's population of security operations teams,information technology teams, lines of business and overall executive decision makers.
CIG plays an integral role in theintelligence driven defense of JPMC. This team is responsible for externalengagement with peer groups and information security circles regarding cyberthreats, to address events such as intrusions, malware, DDoS, unauthorizedaccess, insider attacks and loss of proprietary information. This includesdeveloping a deep understanding of global threat actors.
CIG analysts provide intelligencesupport to Cybersecurity Operations investigations and should possess qualitiessuch as a sharp intellect, an eye for detail, a high analytical capability anda good technical/cyber underpinning. CIG analysts are able to workautonomously, using sound judgment to decide which leads to pursue andprioritize investigations and workload accordingly. An interest in cyber,current affairs and technology is essential. They should also be goodcommunicators, able to articulate clearly and effectively complex Cybersecurityissues to stakeholders in JPMC's LOBs.
As a CIG analyst, you will workclosely with the team and with partners across Cybersecurity Operations. Youwill build a thorough understanding of Global Cybersecurity and TechnologyControls (CTC) at the firm in order to provide high impact intelligence toprotect the firm. Prior experience in investment banking, asset management,consumer and/or commercial banking, will put you at a distinct advantage.
The responsibilities for thisposition include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Contributeto CIG Reports, providing detailed analysis on cyber events, including relevantpolitical, economic and geopolitical variables. Provide a forward-looking viewof the threat, predicting shifts in adversarial intent, goals and strategicobjectives.
- Collaboratewith peer cyber operations teams to understand events and support analysis ofmalicious cybersecurity incidents.
- Trackpotential threats associated with attempted intrusions, network &host-based attacks, and coordinate incident response efforts with cybersecurityteams.
- Maintaindetailed threat actor profiles on adversaries of interest/relevance to thefirm, covering tactics, techniques and procedures, intent, goals and strategicobjectives.
- Maintainknowledge of the threat landscape by monitoring open and closed intelligencesources and contribute to quarterly threat landscape briefings.
- Contributeto regular written and verbal briefings and presentations for Global CTCpartners and Lines of Businesses.
- Contributefrom the cybersecurity perspective to discussions and decisions regarding JPMCglobal technology infrastructure and technology deployments.
The candidate will also need to learn to use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening, which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires the following essential qualifications and capabilities:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of prominent cyber threat actor groups, campaigns and TTPs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to break down complex problems and articulate them clearly to a non-technical audience.
- Experience in performing threat hunting using both open source and vendor tools
- Able to perform malware analysis including static and dynamic analysis
- Intelligence community experience and/or experience at an international institution conducting cyber or security/intelligence related work.
- Proficiency in another language besides English.
- Financial sector experience.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech organizations. In our global technology centers, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.