Developer - Financial Markets eTrading ION Platform
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Financial Markets eTrading has defined an exciting strategy and aggressive product roadmap. The FM eTrading Development Team is a specialist team responsible for the design and development of a proprietary set of systems that differentiates the Bank in its core markets. eTrading systems are aimed at numerous customer markets including external customers via the internet, sophisticated customers via API/point-to-point connectivity, internal users trading on behalf of customers around the globe and providing connectivity into multi-dealer platforms.
ION is a key component of this system providing pricing and trading integration for D2D and D2C markets, primarily for the Rates and Credit eTrading businesses. We are looking for a hands on ION platform specialist to help architect and upgrade our ION platform.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Hands-on configuration, integration and testing of ION eTrading components
- Platform re-engineering to provide a stable and maintainable platform for the business
- Direct engagement with business stakeholders in Trading, Sales and COO teams.
- Implement changes and upgrades to the ION MarketView pricing and eTrading platform.
- Ability to provide L2 Production support
- Coordinate and organise changes with external vendors, markets, ECNs and infrastructure teams
- ION topology tuning to create and maintain a high performance platform
- Writing documentation, user guides, regular demos
- Performing user verification testing with various groups during project go-live
- Ability to run projects end to end without monitoring
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- Strong hands on experience of ION MarketView. Detailed knowledge of MMI .NET, D2C & D2D Connectivity Gateways, TOMS, PXE, REFDATA, VMO, MMS, Run List Manager, PosKeep and PTV
- Experience of ION perfmeter and RTD monitoring and tuning
- Experience of platform re-engineering, tuning and ION failover setup.
- Knowledge of Fixed Income trading environment in Rates and/or Credit businesses
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Ability to effectively interact with business stakeholders.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills in a complex trading environment including pricing and trade capture issues.
- Strong Linux experience including shell scripting and python scripting
- Experience of using source control systems, in particular GIT and maven build & packaging.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related technical field (or equivalent experience).
- Constantly challenging and seeking ways to improve platform consistency and maintainability.
- Automate/build tools, to industrialize support of a cutting edge in-house trading platform.
- Development in Java using ION API would be a strong advantage but this is not a java development role.