Development Lead, Collateral Technology
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Collateral Technology team within Financial Markets IT is looking for a strong, hands-on candidate to fill the role of Development Lead and Scrum Master.
The Scrum Master is expected to lead an Agile team of 10 or more engineers, dedicated to implement solutions to build the strategic collateral management system to replace a legacy vendor platform.
The key responsibilities for the Development Team Lead includes:
• As Scrum Master, responsibility will be to run the daily scrums, and help facilitate the execution by members of the Agile team
• Be part of an Agile team and contribute with hands on work to deliver on items in the product/project backlog
• Track performance of the Agile team and help improve agility and velocity of the team
• Contribute to functional design and implementation of solutions
• Contribute to implementation and enforcement of best practices related to standards and control of software code, testing and release management in messaging development
• Implement DevOps as part of the development practice of the Agile team to help automate code versioning, code build, testing, deployment from environment to environment, and release into production
Our Ideal Candidate
• Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering or Computer Science
• Business expertise in Financial Markets
• Subject matter expertise in collateral management and margin operations for Financial Markets products
• Expertise in the Murex collateral management module
• Strong knowledge about financial markets and trade lifecycle
• 10 to 12 years of hands on experience in building robust, distributed, scalable, high production quality applications
• Certified Scrum Master
• Excellent oral and written communication skill in English
• Experience in test driven development, micro services, messaging middleware, Kafka, Java 8, AngularJS or React, monitoring tools such as ITRS, ELK etc.
• Hands-on ability on application development using Java
• Hands-on ability on relational database development, like Oracle, Postgres SQL
• Familiar with Continuous Integration methodology Preferred Qualifications (Good to Have)
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms (e.g., Amazon AWS, Google App Engine, Hadoop, Microsoft Azure)
• Interest in new IT technology for programming
• Experience in Groovy, Perl, Python, Ruby or other scripting languages
• Experience with picking and applying good software practices like test driven development (TDD), continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.