Full-time permanent role
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviors - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realize their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organization. This, in turn, helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
CIB (Corporate & Institutional Banking) Technology is a world-class technology group in Standard Chartered Bank to provide technical solutions to support the bank’s Financial Markets business. We bring a deep understanding of the market, a scientific approach, and innovative technologies to bear on the challenges of profitable trading in the world's highly competitive environment. This is a rare opportunity to get into an organization working with smart, great technologists globally in the financial markets domain. The culture in CIB Technology is open, intellectual, and fun. Learning opportunities are plentiful: organized classes and seminars; freewheeling discussions; intensive one-on-one mentorships. Career advancement is always waiting for those highly-energized talents to pursue.
The Role Responsibilities
- You will work in a dynamic, agile environment with cross-functional leaders to understand and influence business strategy, set priorities and define technology goals.
- Lead all aspects of the software development lifecycle to deliver a leading-edge suite of trading products for the Financial Market business across multiple asset classes.
- Collaborate with various partners in Global Markets IT and external vendors to provide exclusive IT services. Execute on global IT strategy of innovation, reduction of complexity, and cost rationalization.
- Work with a team of software engineers to design, analyze, deliver and support the bank critical trade processing application to meet business goals and objectives. Be a hands-on technical leader.
- Identify and track any external dependencies and help remove blockers proactively.
- Drive continual improvements in areas like performance, user experience, scalability, code quality, development productivity and reduction of cost of ownership
- The role is global in nature and requires the candidate to form relationships with business and technology partners located in SG, UK, and other location
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum 10 years of IT Development experience, preferably in banking domain.
- Knowledge of Financial markets necessary; knowledge of Derivatives asset classes a plus.
- Hands-on experience in implementing large scale enterprise JAVA/J2EE applications with Architect background would be a plus
- Working experience with Microservices, Kafka application
- Working experience with Big data tech stack like Hadoop, Spark, etc
- Familiarity with web development and front end JS libraries such as AngularJS, React.
- Good knowledge of tools like Docker, Openshift (OCP)/Kubernetes, DevOps, Elastic Stack (ELK)
- Demonstrated skills in detailed-oriented delivery management. Results-oriented and with a strong customer focus.
- You will have experience with multithreaded, low-latency, high-performance infrastructure and exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Strong analytical skills and creative thinker. Should be self-motivated driven and passionate about technology
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills - you are able to influence at all levels
Working in Agile environment, collaborating with various partners (Business, Technology etc.,) for seeking clarifications on changing requirements
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.