Digital Mission Control - Applications Support, Consumer & Community Banking, Associate
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovatorslike you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million smallbusinesses, municipalities and non-profits. You'll support the delivery of award winning tools and services thatcover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending,mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. Thisgroup is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobileapplications, digital experiences and next generation banking technologysolutions to better serve our clients and customers.
As a member of our Technology Operations team, yourinitiative and creative problem-solving will help propel global innovation intechnology and business. Working with a team of motivated collaborators, you'lldevelop and implement strategic technology solutions, ensuring the successfulintegration of network system and applications servers into existing and newtechnology infrastructures. You'll play a key role in the care and support ofcustomers, including proactive incident monitoring. In addition to valuableon-the-job experience, you'll receive coaching, mentorship and a host of otherdevelopment opportunities to advance your career at the firm and beyond.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths andcapabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced infrastructure project, operationssystems and data analytics knowledge
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: MicrosoftOffice, VPN, Virtual Machines, Remote Connectivity products, Security
- Understanding of technology offerings andbusinesses supported
- Ability to identify problems, troubleshoot anddeliver strategic solutions to clients
- Genuine interest in continuous feedback,learning and growth opportunities
- Effective collaboration and communication toachieve common goals and maintain a company standard of excellence
- Good knowledge of Windows/MAC OS with theability to carry out root cause analysis
- Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
- Provide onsite technical leadership anddecision taking for quick service restorations
- Key decision taker in terms offailovers, isolating DC and preserving customer experiences
- Drive monitoring operations visibilitythrough tools such as CA APM (Wily), Splunk and Dynatrace. Provide transparencyon the messaging of these tools.
- Leverage tools expertise to performtargeted flow-triage during major incidents.
- Drive Technical Bridges withinformation from monitoring and other specific tools
- Acquire essential skills andcross-train shift staff
- Build strong relationships within alarge organization - effecting change and trust
- Ability to drive initiatives through reporting,metrics and operational feedback
- Understanding goals beyond that oftechnology and integrate with business processes
- Flexible and adaptable in response tochanging demands
- Responsible for driving continuousservice improvements through established processes
- Drive gap analysis and ServiceImprovement for digital incidents
The Consumer & Community Banking (CCB) Production Management,Digital Mission Control (MC) manages digital channel availability on a 24x7basis. The US day is supported by the teams in Columbus/Houston and the USovernight is mainly supported by Singapore/India teams. The MC is entrustedwith end-to-end monitoring responsibilities of the Digital (online and mobilechannels) environment as well as other production management responsibilities.Its aim is to resolve 90% of all digital incidents without escalations andtherefore has SMEs present onsite on all shifts 24x7. The shift-lead hasproduction responsibilities across the shift and has to take key decisions inensuring the quickest ways to mitigate incidents with minimal client impacts.
- A bachelor's degree in a technology related field
- At least 8 years of senior IT operations experiences - retail banking is preferred
- Very good communications skills - managing global bridges/ writing executive notifications
- Strong technical background with banking technologies - SME in at least 3 of the technologies; Middleware, Java, Unix, DB2, Splunk, Dynatrace, WebSphere, Web Servers and Retail banking channel application flows
- Customer centric - preferable from technical support roles and/or professional services
- Experience working with geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Hands-on with technical operations - high pressure shift environment
- Strong problem solving skills - probing to understand flow logistics and engage relevant support
- Specific knowledge of IT infrastructure including networks, storage networks, infrastructure, load balancing, server clustering, databases and application architecture
- Knowledge of the emerging payments technologies and digital wallets
- Ability to develop strong client relationships and to collaborate with project teams and technology partners
- Multi- tasking is essential - listening, writing, reviewing and sending executive communications
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not justworking at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one ofthe world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, ourteam of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything fromenterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well asinnovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and clouddevelopment. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hirepeople to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financialservices industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills ofevery employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives ondiversity. We encourage professionalgrowth and career development, and offer competitive benefits andcompensation. If you're looking to buildyour career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges thatimpact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meetyou.