Director - Unsecured Policy Risk Manager
The Unsecured Lending - Risk Manager is a critical role in the GCB Risk organization. The role interacts with key business partners in Global Consumer Bank (GCB) including Senior Business Manager, Product Managers, Financial Control, Credit Operations, Operations and Technology, Regional Consumer Independent Risk Management team and other groups within the organization. The primary interactions are with the Cards and Unsecured Business Teams. In the capacity of Unsecured Lending - Risk Manager, the incumbent will support Singapore GCB Country Risk Manager to lead the risk management framework of the unsecured lending products on a day-to-day basis. Unsecured Lending Business for GCB Singapore is one of the most significant revenue, cost-of-credit and EBIT contributor to the Singapore franchise. The incumbent is responsible to lead the Unsecured Risk Policy Team risk managers and analysts and define (a) Risk Appetite Framework (b) Define Credit Policy Framework (c) Monitor Performance and make dynamic adjustments (d) Implement effective risk management tools - models & scorecards (e) Forecast cost of credit (f) Comply to local regulations and Citi policies, etc. This is an extremely dynamic product, which requires strong and comprehensive risk management.
The Credit Portfolio Senior Officer is a senior-level position responsible for leading activities including credit review, credit approvals and monitoring the portfolio to identify credit migration in coordination with the Risk Management team. The overall objective of this role is to manage Citi's portfolio exposure to client and counterparties globally. Responsibilities:
- Lead risk management activities associated with the retail credit portfolio
- Validate new account strategy development, account management strategy development and non-scoring models
- Ensure compliance with partner contract SLAs and management
- Conduct internal and external oversight reviews
- Partner with various groups including Relationship Management and the Operating Committee
- Meet and exceed Partner/Citi Profit & Loss (P&L) and performance expectations
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 15+ years of experience in financial services and risk management required
- Experience with portfolio performance monitoring and diagnostics
- Knowledge of toolsets including behavior scores, internal and external data sources, data mining/segmentation applications
- Knowledge of card product P&L dynamics and the interaction of consumer behaviors, product configuration and market/economic environments
- Knowledge and understanding of the retail partner business model
- Proven analytic and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated successful in managing risk policy/strategy through the economic cycle and/or in various environments
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
- Master's degree preferred
- Able to make decisions on matters pertaining to aspects of risk other than credit, such as franchise, reputation risk and country risk.
- Able to identify and influence key decision makers across various levels and functions within the organization; diffuse conflict and work toward agreement.
- Able to work in a rapidly changing external environment and support business in a highly competitive and challenging market.
- Thinks strategically and acts decisively in high risk scenarios, appropriately assessing a situation based on available data, experience, intuition, and judgment.
- Consistently reads difficult situations accurately and takes appropriate action to gain senior colleague/ client commitment.
- Effectiveness in working within a matrix organization is essential.
- Demonstrates "managerial courage", strong ethics and integrity.
- Excellent verbal & written English communication skills. Active listening skills.
- Candidates must have effective negotiation skills
- Able to "roll up sleeves" and work across levels in risk management and also with other operations and business teams.
- Should be able to work as a strategic senior manager for the franchise showing ability to think beyond silos.
- Excellent Presentation skills - adept at presenting effectively to audiences of various sizes and adapting style as necessary.
- Acts as a role model for managing people, coaching, and serving as a mentor.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .