- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 20 Nov 17
Director, Credit Analyst, Investors
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
- Primarily responsible for managing the credit risk associated with the portfolio and ensuring high quality of the portfolio.
- Closely work with the RM from the origination & play a vital role in deal structuring to add good value from a credit/policy perspective.
- Work with the RM on a specified portfolio and facilitate revenue growth in the portfolio.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Interact with the client, gather deal requirements, financial statements and other inputs for performing quality analysis and due diligence.
- Work with RM/product partners in structuring credit solutions for the clients and ensuring the appropriateness of the products.
- Work with the RM, in a) obtaining all pre clearances under group policies b) preparing & presenting work-shopping note and c) expediting approvals.
- Responsible for end-to-end BCA process including preparing all the tools like Raptor, Scorecard, etc, in-depth analysis of various risks, quality presentation and ensuring fast credit approval.
- Ensure compliance of all internal and regulatory credit/other portfolio related policies and other special reporting requirements, etc.
- Coordinate and prepare for GCC meetings
- Liaise with GAM Credit for limit approval/allocation.
- Monitor quality of the portfolio by tracking Excess/past dues, strictly complying with ASTAR, EAR processes.
- Ensure timely submission of quality Quarterly Credit Reports
- Monitor Risk Triggers, Covenants and other credit conditions and report appropriately
- Ensure Zero BCA over dues.
- Liaise with Credit on BCA and other credit issues and ensure quick turnaround on queries.
- Attend EAR/Portfolio call/MTM calls along with the RMs
- In partnership with the relationship manager, ensure timely identification of accounts to be put in EA as per the bank's policies and guidelines
- Work with RMs to manage RWA, identify underutilized limits
- Prepare timely Stress Tests wherever required
- Provide support on Regulatory stress tests conducted annually
- Prepare specific industry study
- Ensure satisfactory Audit completion, both internal and regulatory
- Work on specific request from custody for limits (only FI specific)
- Prepare Credit Opinion reports wherever required.
- Effective use of Creditmate & CRM
Qualifications and Skills
- Degree qualified in Accounting / Banking & Finance with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong Analytical, communication & writing skills
- Prior Experience in Credit Analysis of Funds (Real Money Funds, Hedge Funds, Asset Management)
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 06/12/2017. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.