Director, Transformation Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The Global Client Enablement and Transformation Office helps drive and execute the overall strategic transformation agenda, including Client Journeys and New Ways of Working. The team works under the guidance of the Global COO Client Enablement and Transformation, Group COO and the OMT. The office also collaborates closely with other senior business and functional leaders in the bank to build and drive the bank-wide transformation.
Directors of Transformation Management act as a point of contact and coordination for business units (BU) undergoing transformation. Responsibilities include:
Change and Transformation
- Keeping BU executives aware, educated on and invested in the process of transformation
- Helping a BU navigate the phases of transformation (Leadership Awareness, Readiness, Voice of the Customer, Team Kickoff, Sprinting) by helping them in setting up plans, committing resources, getting the right subject matter experts and facilitating the right activities
- Working as part of a squad that includes a senior agile coach (supports training, establishes ceremonies and sets up teams) and a project manager (supports planning, drives resource allocation, secures space)
- Liaising with the Transformation Office to raise impediments, request support or provide updates and visibility on progress
- Maintaining ceremonies with the Product Owners of Transformation to align on priorities and transformation objectives (i.e. "definitions of done")
- Connecting across multiple journeys in the same organisation to help identify interdependencies or conflicts
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ability to manage change within a fluid environment across businesses, functions and geographies
- Can develop flexible solutions to address impediments that arise from transformation initiatives (this includes working with partners in Communications, Learning and other functional units to drive these changes)
- Willing to learn about and coach others on topics of agility, human centred design, dynamic work design
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Global COO Client Enablement and Transformation
- Group COO
- Head, Transformation Management
- Client Journey Leads
- Business / Journey / Functional / Regional COOs
- OMT members
- Client Transformation MT members
- Senior Business Leaders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.