Fraud Ops Sr Group Mgr
The Fraud Ops Sr Group Mgr manages multiple teams through other managers. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function contributes to achieving the objectives of the function. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Responsibilities:
- Manages business planning initiatives for a large functional area
- Ensures that Ops organization is defining and implementing systems that are aligned with business strategy and goal
- Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and significant contribution to future strategy of the group
- Performs cross family management duties
- Collaborates on medium to long-term planning for broad issues affecting the business
- Resolves issues referred by subordinate managers and staff
- Manages resource supply and demand; may include hiring, staffing and maintaining a diverse and effective workforce
- Serves as Internally recognized Ops subject matter expert that influences the way things are done
- Applies broad and comprehensive understanding in multiple functional areas as well as underlying business values
- Evaluates subordinates' performance and makes recommendations for pay increases, hiring, terminations and other personnel actions
- Establishes strategic plans for the function
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of how own function integrates within the overall organization to contribute to achieving business goals
- Requires a good working knowledge of the industry
- Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated, unique and dynamic situations
- Draws on diverse range of internal and external sources
- Influences and negotiates with senior leaders (across functions); may communicate with external parties
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 8-10+ years' managerial experience
- People management
- Problem solving, influencing, communication and analytical skills
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree and managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .