Full Stack Blockchain Software Engineer - Associate
The ChiefTechnology Office oversees enabling components inclusive of the top qualityengineering and architecture tools and practices, key program management andprocesses as well as the technology workforce strategy required to make us aleading technology company for our customers, clients and colleagues around theworld.
As amember of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for peoplewho are passionate around solving business problems through innovation &engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledgeand expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well aspartner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stayfocused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantlystrive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting,thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought andcreative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
Theblockchain engineering team is looking for a passionate and experiencedsoftware engineer(s) to join its team of expert engineers to build out robust,enterprise level, performant, and secure applications on distributed,decentralized platforms. There are multiple roles available varying fromfull-stack and distributed systems engineers, to performance engineers, toapplied cryptography engineers. Highly motivated persons will have demonstratedexperience in the area of complex, multi-disciplinary, and geographicallydispersed development.
The idealcandidate will have strong oral and written communication skills andorganizational skills. Ideal candidate will have extensive experience insoftware development and related infrastructure projects in a rapidly changingenvironment, be able to tolerate ambiguity in this fast-moving field, anddemonstrate problem solving, leadership, creativity and innovation.
This role requires a wide varietyof strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Gather requirements, provide analysis, assess alternatives and code libraries, and give well-thought recommendations.
- Collaborate with various line of business technology teams to design and build robust and performant blockchain-based solutions.
- Peer-to-peer distributed system design and implementation involving multiple technology stacks.
- Research, strategize and educate on methodology and best practices for blockchain design, implementation, and deployment.
- Design, implement, and monitor one or more line of business applications.
- Implement rigorous and thorough testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure.
- Design and implement blockchain supporting tools and utilities (e.g., CLI client, tools for exploring the blockchain, monitoring, benchmarking or debugging tools)
- Implement rigorous and thorough monitoring and testing practices to ensure the security and performance goals of blockchain infrastructure
- Design and verify cryptographic protocols deployed on the blockchain
- Design blockchain solutions, such that it can support benchmark use-cases of decentralized applications, with proven and verified cryptographic protocols
- Build out monitoring protocols and fail-over measures.
- Collaborate with development teams to develop integration design and where appropriate prepare estimates on design and development services for integration initiatives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter that requires minimal supervision
- Strong command of computer science fundamentals
- Security-first development mindset
- 5+ years' experience in Development / Design of large and complex distributed computing environments
- Experience in blockchain use-case implementations using smart contracts/DApps etc.
- Proven track record of delivering software development projects
- Experience with Linux / Ubuntu
- Understanding of security procedures and practices.
- Experience with one or more front-development frameworks, such as React or Angular
- Experience with cloud infrastructure services such as Amazon, Gaia, or Microsoft
- Familiarity with using Git or other version control software for source code management
- Distributed messaging experience such as Kafka and RabbitMQ
When youwork at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financialinstitution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest techcompanies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologistsdesign, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives tobig data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments,cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annualinvestment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovativesolutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
AtJPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, andwe're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. Weencourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitivebenefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of aglobal technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of peopleand companies all around the world, we want to meet you.