Full Stack Java Developer
As a member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. Key Responsibilities:
- Developing using core Java, J2EE, REST, Spring Framework, ORM Hibernate and RDBMS based technologies for the Discretionary Investments groups
- Design, analyze, develop, unit testing (TDD) and regression automation (BDD) to deliver product backlog for large and complex projects.
- Adopting and practicing Agile methodologies including, but not limited to, story grooming, sprint planning, complexity analysis, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Adhere to firm-wide architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Team player and ability to work in Global Team setup, product owners and business team to develop, build & support application.
- Communicate and collaborate on development items with global team, as well as raise/work to resolve issues impacting development.
- Post Production application support
- Participate in quality assurance, peer reviews and code reviews
- Minimum 3 years of hands-on experience with Java, J2EE and related technologies and software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Proven ability to work with a project team to develop a strategy, technical solution, and ultimately to implement high quality technical solutions
- Strong Java/J2EE design and programming skills
- Working knowledge of Tomcat/Apache application servers
- Hands-on experience with Spring and Hibernate frameworks
- Development experience with XML and RESTful & SOAP web services
- Knowledge of standard build and deployment tools such as Eclipse, Maven, Git/Stash, Ant, and Jira
- Experience with database development and design including experience with Oracle and/or Sybase
- Demonstrated experience with OO design patterns/frameworks, including application integration frameworks
- Ability to balance application development and application support needs
- Good communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to communicate complex issues to technical and non-technical audiences that include peers, product owners, and other stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Preferably Financial Services Domain knowledge - Equity/Fixed Income Product Knowledge, Securities Trade and Position Management, Reconciliation knowledge, FIX Protocol Knowledge
- Experience in Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Hadoop or any other Cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of RDBMS (Sybase and Oracle), Java, Spring boot, Web services (REST)
- Batch job development and support using scheduling tool Autosys or Control-M
- Testing frameworks like Jasmine, Karma, Protractor etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to all project members and stakeholders
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
Our Asset and Wealth Management division is driven by innovators like you who are driven to create technology solutions that make us work more efficiently and help our businesses grow. It's our mission to efficiently take care of our clients' wealth, helping them get, and remain properly invested. Across 27 cities, our team of 4,600 agile technologists thrive in a cloud-native environment that values continuous learning using a data-centric approach in developing innovative technology solutions.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 15 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $11B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.