- Permanent, Full time
Fund Services – IT Program / Project Manager in APAC, VP
Fund Services – IT Program / Project Manager in APAC, VPThe IT Project Tech Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family.
- Develops detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Interfaces with senior project staff and client senior management teams regarding status of projects.
- Recommends and oversees process improvements.
- Has considerable business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes and industry standards.
- Provides expertise in area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of IT project leadership.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others (i.e., architecture or infrastructure) collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Directly impacts the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services.
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts; allocates work.
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Persuades and influences others through and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 12 + years of relevant experience and subject matter expertise in financial or technology sector and in a related role
- 8+ years of Program Management and Project Management experience in external client facing roles and significant experience across the full project lifecycle
- Proven delivery record of multiple Programs and projects involving process change and technology enhancements
- Proven stakeholder management skills
- Ability to handle complex Programs / Projects independently
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Fund Services Technology team is building new capabilities for gaining competitive advantage, improving operational efficiencies and catering to growing regulatory needs.
The role involves
- being part of a dynamic team
- contributing towards -
- product rollout to external and internal clients
- software development of core components within various Platforms, needed for benefit for Asia-Pacific region.
- has strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (waterfall and agile)
- is dynamic
- is flexible
- is willing to learn
- has the ability to pick up new concepts and apply the knowledge
- is enthusiastic and has a proactive approach
- has attention to detail, thoroughness, organization, as well as sound judgment.
Candidate has the opportunity to be contribute towards Citi Fund Services deliverables. The candidate will work directly with key players in Technology, Operations and Product Management, as well as with people in partner roles working for organizations outside Citi.
- IT Program and Project management.
- Oversight of the deliverables & resources distributed across many different technology teams, as well as Operations and Product Management teams. The teams are distributed across multiple time zones
- Effectively accounting for all work deliverable to external clients and to internal partners, within Citi's systems of records
- Ensuring adherence to and develop best practices supporting Citi's Program and Project Management Standards
- Ensuring proper development life cycle is followed with artifacts to support Internal Audit and inquiries
- Working with various technology leads to ensure the gaps in capabilities are converted into prioritized Book of Work items
- Partnering with business & technology leads globally to deliver end-to-end solution
- Provide regular written and verbal updates to senior management
- Performing Business Analysis and publishing clear definition of the scope of work
- Managing scope - Functional Requirements / Scrum Boards / Kanban Boards, and ascertaining that requirements are testable
- Create and maintain issue logs, meeting minutes, meeting schedules, reports to stakeholders
- Participate in large-scale, highly visible SIT / UAT testing cycles.
"Must have" Skills:
- Proficiency with Agile development tools such as JIRA or Rally
- Proficiency with Microsoft Project, PLANVIEW / equivalent tools
- Problem-solving and facilitation skills
- Self-motivation and prioritization of tasks and actions to hit deadlines according to business priorities
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Attention to detail, thoroughness, organization, as well as sound judgment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical and process-based skills, i.e. process flow diagrams, business modelling, and functional design
Desirable Experience / Skills:
- Experience with Fund Services / Securities Services
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .