GF - Investigations Support Team (IST) Analyst - Assistant Vice President
The CSIS Invstgtns Sr Analyst is a seasoned professional role. Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge, contributing to the development of new techniques and the improvement of processes and work-flow for the area or function. Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the function and overall business. Evaluates moderately complex and variable issues with substantial potential impact, where development of an approach/taking of an action involves weighing various alternatives and balancing potentially conflicting situations using multiple sources of information. Requires good analytical skills in order to filter, prioritize and validate potentially complex and dynamic material from multiple sources. Excellent communication and diplomacy skills are required. Regularly assumes informal/formal leadership role within teams. Involved in coaching and training of new recruits. Significant impact in terms of project size, geography, etc. by influencing decisions through advice, counsel and/or facilitating services to others in area of specialization. Work and performance of all teams in the area are directly affected by the performance of the individual. Responsibilities:
- An Investigator will be responsible for the coordination and investigation of high level fraud matters and/or network security incidents
- This role will utilize sophisticated expertise in investigative interviewing, fraud identification, loss prevention, network security, cyber enabled fraud, to identify fraud activities, schemes, trends and organized rings that create a risk to our firm, its employees, shareholders, systems, assets and clients
- Case/referral assignment based on level
- Follow investigative standards for analytical assessments
- Complete end to end internal investigative reports for partner
- Provide tactical analysis to client businesses and CSIS investigative units through referral management, linking events and data quality management
- Identify any process gaps, contributing systemic and technical root causes
- Administrate fraud referrals from various Citi businesses, external financial institutions, and Law Enforcement agencies; identifying, building, linking and escalating cases to management for review and/or assignment
- Gather data, conduct research and provide analysis of information and data from a variety of sources, both internal and external to the business, to identify, assist investigations and determine fraud trend activity, schemes and organized rings
- Produce reports and provide analysis for more complex cases either as part of a team
- Assist other CSIS teams or businesses requiring assistance
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- Bachelor's degree (US only)
- Experience in providing support for a matters that have substantial impact
- Understanding of forensic and eDiscovery processes and procedures to include the collection, examination, and analysis of data while preserving integrity and maintaining a strict chain of custody
- Experience in data analysis and interpretation
- Knowledge of financial products, frauds and trends
- Previous US Intelligence, military, law enforcement, law firm or government service background
- Experience working in an in-house investigations team
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, & SharePoint for compiling written reports and spreadsheets on an investigation
- Flexibility to work on call off hours/weekends during critical project phases, if necessary
- Bachelors/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type :Full time ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .