GF - SG CBNA - Market Risk Reporting Analyst - Officer - C11
The Market Risk Intmd Analyst is a developing professional role. Deals with most problems independently and has some latitude to solve complex problems. Integrates in-depth specialty area knowledge with a solid understanding of industry standards and practices. Good understanding of how the team and area integrate with others in accomplishing the objectives of the subfunction/ job family. Applies analytical thinking and knowledge of data analysis tools and methodologies. Requires attention to detail when making judgments and recommendations based on the analysis of factual information. Typically deals with variable issues with potentially broader business impact. Applies professional judgment when interpreting data and results. Breaks down information in a systematic and communicable manner. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to exchange potentially complex/sensitive information. Moderate but direct impact through close contact with the businesses' core activities. Quality and timeliness of service provided will affect the effectiveness of own team and other closely related teams. Responsible for measuring, monitoring and analyzing the organization's market risk exposure on a day-to-day and long-term basis for various financial products. Market risk pertains to potential loss due to market movements such as changes in interest rates, equity prices, credit spreads and foreign exchange rates. Individuals monitor trading limits and are responsible for approving transactions over certain established limits. Work with traders or trading management and recommend actions to mitigate risk. Responsible for monitoring and analyzing the organization's risk exposure by understanding the risks and rewards of the Citi products. Structures solutions to mitigate risks of those products. Responsibilities:
- Produce daily and weekly market risk reports which monitor factor sensitivity, VAR and issuer exposures against autonomously market risk limits.
- Provide information to both Market Risk Management and the business for audit, stress testing and ad-hoc related queries.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with Risk Management, Business Units and other Control groups.
- Raise, investigate and follow-up on issues related to data quality, limit excesses, etc.
- Maintain data metrics measuring the market risk infrastructure and performance of risk systems and processes for the front office.
- Devise and improve processes to aggregate factor sensitivity (market risk) and issuer risk across various trading platforms.
- Evaluate redundancies and inefficiencies in daily tasks to continually improve productivity.
- Develop an understanding of financial markets and market factors that affect risk exposure of the business.
- Learn market risk terms, units of measurement and risk management techniques utilized by autonomous risk managers.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 2-5 years relevant experience
- Degree in a quantitative or financial discipline.
- Knowledge of financial instruments, risk metrics and Market Risk Management
- Proficient quantitative skills including mathematics involved in risk estimation and modelling
- Knowledge of statistical concepts and experience in performing data analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a self-starter, flexible, innovative and adaptive
- Ability to work collaboratively and with people at all levels of the organization
- Work collaboratively with regional and global partners in other functional units; ability to navigate a complex organization
- Excellent project management and organizational skills and capability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel/VBA, Word, PowerPoint) and SQL
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .