Head APAC/EMEA Data Services
The Data Analytics Func Grp Mgr manages multiple teams of senior professionals through other senior managers. The job requires a broad and comprehensive understanding of the different systems, theories and practices relevant to a function as well as practical experience of multiple business cycles. In-depth knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/ or area of expertise. Excellent communication skills required in order to influence a wide range of audiences. The job is likely to be involved in both internal and external negotiations which will have a major impact on the area managed, and possibly on other related areas and organization as a whole. Develops medium- to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring coordination and integration across units. Provides input into strategic decisions affecting job family or function within a region or business. Full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning. Has authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations. Typically, a direct report to an EB role and sits on the highest functional leadership team within a region, job function, or global business. Responsibilities:
- Applies expert knowledge of the industry and direct competitors' products/services in order to drive to the commercial objectives of the business. This requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in Data Science/Data Mining/Big Data.
- Exhibits exceptional communication skills required in order to lead a wide range of audiences as the role will likely involve both internal and external negotiations impacting the organization as a whole.
- Employs strategic vision and analysis to a range of diverse problems that require innovative and sophisticated solutions.
- Develops medium to long-term plans and executes functional strategies for a large/complex country, cluster of countries, or business requiring coordination and integration across units.
- Provides input into strategic decisions affecting Data Science/Data Mining/Big Data.
- Assumes full management responsibility of multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning with the authority to negotiate and make independent decisions on issues/activities that have critical impact or influence on company revenues, capital or business operations.
- Ensures risk mitigation by using instituted technology delivery management and control processes to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and cost.
- Designs delivery and technology management approach for projects and associated plans to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Owns financial responsibility for Data and Analytics standard platforms and resources.
- Manages teams to interpret business requirements into technology specifications, ensures platform stability, data quality and client support.
- Acquires and applies advanced knowledge of the business, products and processes to ensure data quality and business delivery.
- Directs LOB technology lead managers to ensure effective project execution, risk and issue identification, management and escalation.
- Manages and delivers all aspects of analytics grid and integration with new Big Data capabilities. This will include introduction and training on newest capabilities and services.
- Provides rapid response resources to deliver business augmentation and data support (including data movement services).
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- managerial experience
- degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering
- 15+ years relevant work experience
- experience managing technology projects and resources
- relevant business support and/or general analysis experience
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree; managerial experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
This is the direct point of contact for APAC/EMEA heads of businesses accountable for overall service and engagement interface into all relevant business executive and other relevant functional executive committees as a permanent member attending APAC/EMEA forums.
This role will be responsible for leading the APAC/EMEA end to end data ecosystem development and management across data analytics, sales and marketing, and reporting for all the region's and individual country's business units and functions servicing all key senior stakeholders in all 17 countries. He/she will also be working closely with the wider global data competencies to accelerate our APAC/EMEA agenda of value creation from our new data/analytics and marketing foundational capabilities such as Hadoop platform, Cloud, Real-time data capture/processing, customer graph, and salesforce marketing cloud. He/she will work closely with various business to incubate new customer-centric use cases to then shape into new initiatives that drive growth and savings opportunities.
The candidate will build a data and digital marketing engagement team, with next generation technology capabilities, to be based in multiple cities across the APAC/EMEA region aiming to physically be co-located with our key senior stakeholders as much as possible.
He/she will provide overall data and digital marketing vision and roadmap for APAC/EMEA having co-created with our Global Domain Leaders in Data Platforms, Data Products, Advanced Analytics, and Data Insights.
He/she will directly engage with and influence top business executives. He/she will also source, incubate and pioneer with her/his teams new innovative initiatives that will leverage our new data capabilities and report to our relevant business/ops execs on the overall execution of our data and marketing initiatives for them. This executive communication will also include initiatives from various data, sales and marketing domains in our organization such as from advanced analytics and data platforms. This leader will aim to change the face of data and digital marketing thought leadership from tech in the eyes of our senior stakeholders in APAC/EMEA so that our team is no longer just a platform or infrastructure service provider but a true equal partner, who shapes the GCB business growth and personalization agenda driven by data.
The candidate will build out a new team and capability in Bangalore co-located with Shrikant Dash's Global data scientist organization for GCB providing support for model development and data engineering support for this big global function.
He/she will be driving the team realignments from the GCT Digital, Sales and Marketing organization to Data to build out a more streamlined lifecycle and data driven, customer centric ecosystem driving our digital sales and marketing in the region. This includes the COPS, CMR, Salesforce, and other teams. Job Responsibilities
- Establish business engagement capability to define and initiate new transformative and fully customer-centric data use cases against business objectives across different APAC business lines
- Drive maturity in data-led innovative thinking amongst our top business execs and ops stakeholders through new tangible, market-leading initiatives and capability build followed by their full roll-out
- Ensure full collaboration and leverage of our other data and analytics domains in our own wider team as well as with the so called decision management teams, who sit outside of our own organization towards a consolidated data roadmap.
- Apply and scale agile delivery practices across all data initiatives
- Jointly define talent, sourcing and procurement strategy; and implement across APAC/EMEA.
- Lead the funding need by driving business cases underlying the new data initiatives for APAC
- Maintain the financial overview responsibility for all our relevant senior business and ops execs
- Own all process for local portfolio management; help shape, pressure-test, and ensure strategic alignment of Book of Work with Business partners across all lines of business
11+ yrs in the following:Experience leading major change and information management programs in key business area for banks, insurance companies and/or investment banking.
- Strong talent focus and ability to successfully recruit and develop experts from leading organizations across the globe.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at all levels within an organization, from the most technical engineer to the most savvy business / executive leader.
- Possess uncompromising ethics, unwavering integrity and understanding of risk & regulatory process, as well as outstanding communications and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in enterprise and application architecture (very Advanced)
- Expertise in agile software and general product development ideally also applied to the data and analytics domain in previous roles
- Knowledge of trends in the data and analytics technology landscape (very Advanced) with practical knowledge in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Expertise in deploying initiatives onto AWS and general practical experience of cloud data and analytics technologies specifically (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Expertise in real-time data analytics engineering and technologies, real-time decisioning engines, and complex event processing - specifically having rolled such capabilities out in an agile fashion in previous jobs and companies.
- General expertise and knowledge in Data Taxonomy, Data Quality Management, Meta Data Management, Reference Data Management, Industry Data Models, Master Data Management, Big data technologies including open source, Analytical tools, MI tools, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Natural Language Programming and Robotics (Advanced having gone through at least one real life enterprise-wide implementation)
- General expertise and knowledge in Data Lineage, Velocity, Volume, Variety and Value (advanced)
- General expertise and knowledge in Data Instrumentation & standards (advanced)
- General expertise and knowledge in Data Collection & Capture (advanced)
- General expertise and knowledge in Data Consolidation & Warehousing (advanced)
- General expertise and knowledge in Data Detection & Extraction (advanced)
- 10+ years in technology implementations with data impact catered to different business functions within an organization
- 10+ years of KPI-focused implementations of technology initiatives stamped as successful by target business audiences.
- 10+ years' experience in managing data as part of solutions and implementation
- 15+ years' enterprise architecture strategy and implementation experience
- 15+ years' business stakeholder management experience whilst being placed in a technology division
- English skills 100%
- Be creative, imaginative and passionate, driven by a desire for innovation and creation of continuously amazing client experiences - smart risk taking - outside the box thinking
- Possess first hand insights into the way that digital transformation is affecting industry and knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrate an ability to identify and act upon unique insights and apply them to solve unmet needs and an expertise leveraging/synthesizing competitor, emerging technology, and other marketplace trends to draw out implications to support the team's overall mission and goals
- Ability to bring business and technology together to operate as one, enabling technology led, business transformation execution
Bachelor's degree ideally in combination of business administration and computer science, information technology, software engineering or a related field; Master's degree preferred
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .