Head, PRB, ASA - Human Resources
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Strategic and Advisory
Global processes and operations
- Develop expertise in all PRB issues, acting as a trusted reward adviser to relevant Management Team members and their direct teams.
- Advise on complex senior management compensation, including structuring packages, reviewing new hires, changes to existing employees' contracts, developing High Remuneration Recruit proposals, mobility taxation and share buy-outs.
- Establish relationships with key business stakeholders, enabling the identification and understanding of business-specific product needs.
- Establish relationships with Country HR Heads and Country CEOs in order to lead the local market reward agenda and to align local market practice with that of the Group.
- Assist in preparation and contribution of ideas to papers regarding reward activities for discussion with the Group Reward Plan Committee or the Group Management Team as required.
- Participate in the leadership of PRB Group-wide, coordinating and championing activities within respective client and product groups and providing feedback into the design and advisory of business PRB products as they relate to the relevant country teams and client groups.
People, Technology and Risk Management
- Collaborate with PRB Product Heads to achieve excellence in the implementation of PRB products and policies across business functions, seeking to improve functional understanding of these in order to drive business performance and employee motivation.
- Manage year end performance and pay review processes from the perspective of the region, in line with Group guidelines and acting as a point of contact for their respective management teams. Specifically:
- Lead discussions with the business teams in relation to the Group P3 messaging.
- Coordinate all relevant business communication including P3 key messages.
- Manage other annual compensation processes including budgeting and forecasting.
- Embed the Group's fair accountability approach via discussions regarding material risk and conduct issues with relevant business and function risk / control panels, leading and managing detailed reviews of awards and risk / conduct issues in the relevant client / product reward forums, prior to discussion at reward plan committees.
- Collaborate with all PRB specialists on market pricing to increase the level of consistency across markets, reduce vendor costs and generally ensure data is used in an impactful manner.
- Manage, evaluate and improve effectiveness of all HR products, plans and processes.
- Identify opportunities to improve efficiency of PRB by technology enhancements, migration to GPS or process improvements.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Appoint and deploy PRB staff within region; motivate and develop them to achieve high standards of performance.
- On risk management, identify and articulate forward looking risks for the region. Articulate and manage them through designated PRB risk registers and HRORC. Ensure all geographical specific Operational Risk (OR) and Compliance requirements related to PRB advisory are met.
- Support statutory and internal audits, as appropriate.
- Provide oversight and assurance to country PRB specialists' regulatory relationships with reference to PRB advisory & design.
- A professional or relevant post graduate management qualification.
- Relevant experience in PRB at both operational and strategic level.
- Good team management, leadership and interpersonal skills with experience in influencing at a senior level.
- Excellent communication skills; clear oral, written and presentation skills.
- Speed of turnaround
- Accuracy and 'value add' of analysis
- Manager and employee satisfaction
- Quality of stakeholder advice
- Budget Control
- Successful implementation of recommendations
- Consistency & Standardisation
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.