- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 10 Nov 17
Head, Risk, Control & Governance, ASA
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Key responsibilities:
1) Geographic Governance: Develop, implement and monitor a robust Geographic Governance framework for ASA including but not limited to branch and entity governance, and cross border
2) Conduct: Develop, and implement the Regional Conduct Plan, with regular refresh as appropriate
3) Risk and Control: Develop and maintain a robust control framework for risk management through (i) top risk themes and issues identification; (ii) establishing links between BORFs, PGCs, CORC, GORC, ASARC, (iii) driving the right operational risk metrics, (iv) embedding operational risk framework (ORF) and (v) actively engaging with BORMs and process and governance teams
4) Peer Reviews: Lead the book of work for peer reviews (validations) for ASA, focusing on Retail and Commercial, with robust follow up plans
5) Audit Findings: Identify top ASA risk themes through audit findings, and install a mechanism for sharing
6) Regulatory Hotspots: Drive initiatives aimed at mitigating regulatory hot spots that cut across the region
7) Training and Communications: Drive training and communications to promote awareness and continuous learning for risk control and governance aspects
* Develop, implement and monitor a robust Geographic Governance framework for ASA
* Embed high standards for branch and subsidiary governance across banking and non banking entities working closely with Regional Head of Subsidiary Governance where relevant
* Clarify roles and responsibilities between various businesses and functions in geographic governance
* Work closely with Cross Border Compliance in ensuring cross border rules are implemented in region including non presence countries
* Develop a framework for regional oversight of geographic governance with appropriate assurance mechanism
* Proactively feed into global streams that aims to simplify, streamline and strengthen global geographic governance policies, procedures and standards
* Develop the Regional Conduct Plan from themes arising from country conduct plans, Business conduct plans and other sources of information such as investigation themes and compliance monitoring trends
* Implement and track actions from Regional Conduct Plan
* Regularly refresh Regional Conduct Plan as appropriate
* Have oversight over Country Conduct Plans particularly actions
* Develop dashboards on conduct metrics with key messages to drive actions
* Work with Corporate Affairs, Compliance and HR on Conduct Communications in ASA
* Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
* Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
* Work with business and functional teams to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Operation of Financial Markets; Financial Crime Prevention;The Right Environment.
* Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Risk and Control
* Support ASA COO in developing and maintaining a robust control framework for risk management through (i) top risk themes and issues identification; (ii) establishing links between BORFs, PGCs, CORC, GORC, ASARC, (iii) driving the right operational risk metrics, (iv) embedding operational risk framework (ORF) and (v) actively engaging with BORMs and process and governance teams
* Develop top key risk themes in ASA from a first line perspective, and demonstrate actions in place to mitigate these risk themes across ASA
* Develop structured method of identifying risk themes and issues from CORCs, PGCs, BORF, GORC, GRC, functional committees, peer review outcomes and audit reports, ensuring appropriate linkages
* Working closely with Regional Operational Risk teams to drive the right metrics to inform and manage key risks
* Lead and engage stakeholders in discussion of key risk factors and ensure proper mitigation actions are planned and executed
* Maintain oversight of operational losses/significant risk incidents and engage with Operational Risk to ensure necessary root-cause analysis undertaken to avoid recurrence and lessons learnt are shared in the region.
* Work with business and functions to build coherent cross-functional support for improving end-to-end operating environment.
* Facilitate building and continuously strengthening a culture of risk awareness and proactive resolution to the RMTs and their in-country teams.
* Ensure there is a framework for effective management of operational risks across the Region and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations at the regional level
* Support the country roll-out and embedding of Operational Risk Framework in ASA
* Act to minimize operational loss and drive good audit outcomes and in conjunction with Business COOs, ensure appropriate focus on issues and resolutions. Ensure lessons learnt are addressed in all countries in the Region.
* Lead the book of work for peer reviews (validations) for ASA, focusing on Retail and Commercial, with robust follow up plans
* Review audit reports, rounds ups, MCA to draw top risks
* Install a mechanism for sharing audit findings and lessons learnt
* Develop a robust risk and control environment to drive good audit outcomes and scorecard deliverable
* Ensure oversight over top regulatory breaches, hot spots in region
* Drive initiatives aimed at mitigating regulatory hot spots that cut across the region
Training and Communications
* Drive training and communications to promote awareness and continuous learning for risk control and governance aspects
* Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
People and Talent
* Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
* Champion and act as a role model of the Group's values and culture
* RMT and their direct/ indirect reports
* CFO, ASA
* Head of Operational Risk, ASA
* Head of Compliance, ASA
* Head of Legal, ASA
* Head of Audit, ASA
* Head of Human Resources, ASA
* Relevant BORM and Process and Governance heads across region
* Country OR heads
* Country Audit Heads
* Secretariat and other relevant members of PGCs, BORF, CORC, GORC, ASARC, GRC as appropriate
* Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily duties.
* Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
* A degree or equivalent
* Strong interpersonal skills and is comfortable operating in a matrix.
* Strong communication skills - oral, written and presentation.
* Strong analytical skills and the ability to make sound decisions in a commercial context.
* Strong operational risk and control skills and experience.
* Can demonstrate courage & creativity in a challenging environment.
* Has a strategic mindset with the ability to see beyond the symptoms and into the root of the problem.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.