Head, Solution Design
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be an experienced technical leader with a proven track-record in delivering multiple concurrent, complex projects using both Agile and traditional methodologies. The candidate should have experience managing teams distributed across multiple countries and experience working with program management teams to implement desired outcomes; able to drive through delivery from inception of a project through to production delivery, the successful candidate is expected to:
Our Ideal Candidate
- Broad experience with driving large scale transformation in enterprise level business and technology architectures, preferably in a retail banking environment. The focus of the job will be on the retail banking platform and its technology ecosystem.
- While the role is a very technical one, this person will also have to own and drive the strategic business architecture for retail banking globally
- A natural team worker who is able to define a clear architecture roadmap, build followership around it and drive it to completion
- Hands-on expertise with distributed architectures and system integration technologies. Strong understanding of various API frameworks and microservices
- Solid expertise with data architectures, various database technologies, both relational and no-sql, including Hadoop. Hands-on experience in data migration to Hadoop and big data analytics is a strong plus
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with PaaS/IaaS and technology infrastructure in general
- Application development background, particularly with server side Java, is a strong advantage. So is experience with and appreciation for CI/CD (continuous integration/delivery), agile methodologies and test automation
- Looking for a hands-on technologist at heart, who keeps up with the current developments in technology and financial industry, including the FinTech space. Moreover, we have to continuously improve the current, legacy technology stack, therefore, a balanced approach between strategic and pragmatic is very important.
- Qualified professional with a University degree or equivalent
- Must be very technical, analytical, solution oriented, able to propose and follow through both transformational and incremental change
- Able work in a fast-paced, often unstructured environment and handle ambiguity
- Very strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written, able to adapt to various levels of detail
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.