Head of Platform Operations, APAC
Writing the future. Together.
Avaloq is a value driven, fast-paced financial technology and services company and we are committed to developing the banking solutions of tomorrow.
By joining Avaloq, you'll become a key part of our effort to power the digital transformation of the financial services industry. Our ambition is big and bold - to provide full end-to-end digital solutions by combining our leading efficiency with a flexible, responsible digital user experience. Headquartered in Zurich, Avaloq has over 2,000 employees globally. More information is available at www.avaloq.com
This management function is responsible for the smooth operation of the IT infrastructure (Data Centre, Private and Public Cloud Infrastructure, Middleware and Databases as well as the Deployment).
In this role, you will align delivery requirements with existing service delivery standards, with the aim of maintaining and growing customer satisfaction. From a line management perspective, you will report directly to the Group's Head of Global Platform Operations and have a close interaction with the local head of Business Technology Centre.
- Responsible for the 24/7 operations of our IaaS and PaaS and security components and for the continual improvement of the quality of service
- Responsibility for around twenty employees in Singapore and the possibility of growth in Australia and other regions in APAC
- On-boarding of new IaaS/PaaS environments for new clients according the specified requirements
- Support in the implementation and deployments according to specifications and commissioned by the departments
- Conduction of daily ODR meetings to ensure BAU and related processes (Incident, Change, Problem management)
- Conduction of weekly CAB meetings and ECR reviews and approvals.
- Governance and monitoring our IT outsourcing service providers on the basis of SLA and requirement
- Supporting Release Management
- Provide proactive monitoring and alerting of core banking systems, front office workstations and third-party systems at infrastructure and application level
- Working closely with the regional Service Delivery Management teams for IT Support Services to help plan support plans, shifts and escalations to support 24/7 operations
- Manager on Duty and on-call service within the scope of operational requirements
- Sporadic travel to other Avaloq locations
What you need
- University degree in information management or business engineering with master's degree or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in operations and providing IT services for customers in the banking sector, with at least 5 years in direct management positions
- Strong experience with ITIL processes, certification is considered a plus
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-oriented skills
- Excellent proven problem solving skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and frequently changing priorities
- Self-motivated with the ability and desire to take responsibility for the position of this group and develop it further
- Strong written and spoken English
Now let's talk about perks and compensation
We offer competitive base salaries and if you prove to be a superstar, you might be entitled to an extraordinary achievement reward. Avaloq aims to share its success with all its employees by paying out "Success Share Units" depending on its performance in a given year.