Head of Technology, Customer Journeys
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Description
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to join the team and lead the delivery of our Credit Cards and Personal Loans Customer Journey on a global scale. Passion for our customers is key as we'll look to you and your team to adopt an outside in perspective to truly understand what our customers are looking for and how we can better help them manage their every day spending, life needs and ensure they have credit and all the functionality that goes with that whenever, wherever they need it.
As the technology leader you will be well experienced in scaled agile practices, coaching and leading people, designing and delivering large scale solutions enabled by technology as well as challenging processes to identify faster, simpler way of delivering outcomes to customers. You'll be leveraging cloud and API first principles, striving for sub hour build/deploy (CD/CI is your best friend) and ensuring integrity and security in everything you deliver.
We'd also love to support you in the way you want to work be it on a part-time or other flexible work basis. Key Roles and Responsibilities
In terms of the day to day you will be responsible for:
- A Great Team
- Attracting, retaining, developing and having fun with a talented and diverse group of people.
- Employing sustainable agile practices, strong backlog management and mature CI/CD to deliver complete, working functionality to customers every 2 weeks (and daily to your internal team).
- Finding intuitive ways to deliver outcomes to our customers balancing short term outcomes vs longer term sustainability.
- Showcasing your teams work, focusing relentlessly on the business value (burn down charts), incorporating metrics (ensure data driven decisions) and working with our global stakeholders to ensure we efficiently and effectively are delivering value to our customers and the business. Experience
To be successful in this role we believe the below experience will make it easier but it is by no means mandatory:
• Experience building and leading large delivery teams (100 people or more) across different functions and locations, being a leader of leaders, coaching individuals and creating high performing teams
• Strong hands on experience leading complex and ambiguous change programmes in an agile environment and delivering outcomes iteratively focused on value to the customer.
• Technical knowledge and experience delivering outcomes across a breadth of industries ideally with a deep full-stack experience in one or more spaces (but not necessarily financial services)
• Financial Services experience is preferred particularly with areas such as Cards, Digital, Unsecured Lending and Retail Banking favourable.
• Communicating and influencing across organisational contexts and driving long term behavioural change
• Evidence of continual improvement and investment in you
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.