Head of Technology Services Transformation
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Responsible for translating the strategic direction and business objectives established by Technology Services into holistic change management strategies
- Responsible for supporting the execution and implementation of the 3-year strategic vision for Technology Services, as part of the Strategy, Governance & Change team
- Support the execution of the strategic themes and 3-year investment priorities as part of the overall Technology Services Strategy
- Responsible for the engagement with Domain Heads and Business Heads to ensure that all supporting mechanisms are in place to deliver the transformation agenda
- Drive the organisation towards a fully service-aligned operating model using industry standard service management and pricing frameworks such as ITIL4 and the TBM (Technology Business Management) model.
- Oversee all aspects of the operating model maturity across the talent management, workforce and location strategy, sourcing strategy, organisational design, ways of working and performance management
- Manage the multi-year transformation program including strategic alignment, value/risk management, stakeholder management and communications
People and Talent
- Understand the strategic directives of Group, Technology & Innovation and Technology Services ensuring the Transformation agenda is and align to these objectives
- Awareness and understanding of the evolving needs of the business and our external customers
- Responsible for stakeholder engagement across Technology Services with respect to Target Operating Models and adherence to the operational boundaries/constraints
- Provide technical leadership across the team, with a deep understanding of concepts, principles, and practices across the variety of technologies across Technology Services.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Ensure the effective management of risk, issues and assurance reporting relating to strategy and transformation, engaging with and reporting back monthly to the Technology Services Management Team via the established Governance Day forum.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Global Head, Technology Services
- Technology Services Management Team
- Technology & Innovation Management Team
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification
- Licences and Certifications/accreditations: ITIL v3 Foundation
- Professional Memberships: None
- Languages: English .