Human Resources - Risk Governance Officer - Vice President
Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
The Human Resources (HR) Risk Governance Officer
is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within the HR and Risk Management fields and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in their role and the business. This individual will be a recognized technical authority for Risk Governance and Control & Compliance within the HR function. They will be part of a broader global team that provides the same level of subject matter expertise and will have the opportunity to make a significant impact on the overall performance and effectiveness of the HR function through complex deliverables. Responsibilities:
- Contribute to or drive the development, maintenance, implementation and oversight of various enterprise-wide standards and strategies to strengthen and enhance the firm's Human Capital Risk Management Framework
- Oversee HR-related regulatory reporting requirements and ensure controls are robust to ensure accurate and timely report submissions
- Support and serve as a point of contact for internal and external control organizations (i.e., Internal Audit (IA), Independent Compliance Risk Management (ICRM), Operational Risk Management (ORM), Regulators, etc.)
- Prepare HR stakeholders who may be called upon to participate in planned Compliance Assurance Testing, IA reviews and/or Regulatory exams, as well as track associated progress
- Oversee responses to IA and regulatory exam requests and ensure controls surrounding submissions are robust to ensure fulsome, consistent, accurate and timely responses
- Participate in reviewing and evaluating HR-related control processes and reporting, strategic and tactical changes, policy and process updates, regulatory requirements, etc.
- Independently evaluate risks by challenging both existing and proposed practices and provide guidance in implementing appropriate controls, including ensuring appropriate escalation and remedial actions are in place where deficiencies are identified
- Serve as a subject matter expert (SME), providing advice and counsel, regarding the development of Corrective Action Plans (CAPs) that address the root cause(s) of deficiencies and create sustainable solutions for minimizing losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls and emerging risks
- Provide management / oversight of CAP completion and validation, escalating those CAPs at risk of or not meeting identified objectives within committed timeframes
- Serve as a SME regarding Human Capital Key Performance and Risk Indicators (KPIs/ KRIs)
- Work closely with HR Shared Services (HRSS) to ensure the most effective use of tools and resources in monitoring risks and controls
- Generate and analyze a multitude of scorecards, reports and performance management tools related to Human Capital risks, emerging risks, regulations, issues, CAPs, etc. in order to create transparency and devise recommendations to mitigate risk exposure
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Extensive HR or Risk Management / Control & Compliance experience with a demonstrated ability to navigate and network across an enterprise utilizing internal and external resources; experience in HR-related legal / regulatory and compliance programs or Internal Audit highly preferred
- Experience in the development of HR policies and procedures; ability to assess such policies and procedures in terms of the associated risks
- Excellent writing and presentation skills; business writing experience and experience presenting to senior management preferred
- Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas
- Advanced organizational skills including attention to detail, multi-tasking and following up
- Exemplary analytical, problem solving and reporting skills
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - SG ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .