Information Security Officer, Vietnam & Cluster
Information Security Officer, Vietnam & Cluster
The Group Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) organisation is instrumental in protecting and ensuring the resilience of Standard Chartered Bank's data and IT systems by managing information and cyber security (ICS) risk across the enterprise. As a critical function reporting into the Group Chief Risk Officer (CRO), the Office of the CISO serves as the second line of defence for assuring ICS controls are implemented effectively and in accordance with the ICS Risk Framework and for instilling a culture of cyber security within the Bank. The Group CISO is responsible for ICS governance, strategy, policy, awareness, training, risk assessments, red teaming, third party security risk, industry partnerships, and regulatory engagement. In addition, a team of Information Security Officers (ISO) reports to the CISO and performs a pivotal role as an extension of the CISO in supporting the ICS risk management strategy, governance, advisory and assurance roles that face off to the Client Services, Regions, and Functions. The Office of the CISO is central to ensuring the Bank's ability to meet its ICS commitments to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, as well as maintaining an acceptable ICS risk profile that is regularly reported to the Board. Strategy
The Information Security Officer (ISO), Vietnam & Cluster position is a permanent role that requires strong business acumen and deep knowledge and experience in the ICS field. The successful candidate will have a strong understanding of operating in a second line capacity within an ICS or risk management organisation, and can respond flexibly and collaboratively to evolving business, regulatory and threat requirements. The role reports directly to the Head ISO ASEAN and South Asia. The ISO Vietnam will also be the ISO for the Cluster Countries (i.e. Thailand, Philippines & Australia).
The ISO Vietnam will work closely with the CISO and others to address ICS as a principal risk type for the Bank and support its integration into the Bank's overall Enterprise Risk Management strategy. The role will provide oversight and challenge of ICS risk management and control effectiveness as a risk partner to country leadership (Vietnam & Cluster Countries) as defined in the Bank's ICS Risk Type Framework and under delegation from the Group CISO. Business
The primary purpose of this position to ensure that the management of ICS risk is operating effectively and efficiently and to provide assurance that ICS risk is appropriately managed within Vietnam. The role will support the CISO in their role as the Bank's executive accountable for ICS risk. The successful candidate will work closely with the ISO Regional Head, EA, the Security Technology Services team, and Country CRO, CIO, and Compliance Officers, as well as other key stakeholders to drive requirements and help set priorities for ICS strategy and investment based on acceptable risk tolerance and taking into account the evolving threat and regulatory landscape, policies and standards, and technology infrastructure. In addition, given the rapidly evolving ICS regulatory environment, successful candidate will have a strong acumen for working with regulators and understanding ICS policy with an ability to articulate new requirements into ICS risk management assessments and processes. Processes
The major functional activities that the role will lead and manage are:
• Delegation of Authority from the CISO for ICS risk management engagement with Vietnam;
• Overseeing and challenging 1st line ICS risk proposals and risk-taking activities;
• Intervening in 1st line activities if they are not in line with existing or adjusted Risk Appetite;
• Monitoring of ICS risks and associated remediation plans across Vietnam and Cluster Countries using the CISO Governance Risk Type Framework;
• Assuring the 1st line implements controls to comply with applicable laws and regulations as defined by the CISO Policy team and escalate significant regulatory non-compliance matters and developments to the Group CISO;
• Promoting a healthy ICS risk culture and good conduct within Vietnam and the Cluster Countries. People and Talent
• Lead through example and operate with the appropriate culture and values.
• Uphold and reinforce the independence of the second line ICS Risk function. Risk Management
• Deliver the defined aspects of the Vietnam ISO & Cluster role to support the Group's ICS risk management approach and objectives.
• Ensure that the Vietnam & Cluster role is managed in accordance with the defined CISO Governance Risk Type Framework and associated Policy and Standards; and that issues are identified, escalated, and addressed as appropriate. Governance
• Establish strong ties into the relevant country leadership, governance, risk and control committees to ensure adequate monitoring, tracking and governance of ICS risk.
• Drive integration of ICS Risk Type Framework into Vietnam & Cluster and utilise for the ongoing governance of country risk. Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the countries. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association. Key Stakeholders
• Country CRO
• Country CIO
• Country Compliance Officer
• Country CEO
• Banking Regulators
• Global Head, Security Technology Services
• Head of ICS Governance
• Head of ICS Policy
• Group Internal Audit
• Head of ICS Assurance and Testing
• Head of ICS Training, Awareness & Exercises Other Responsibilities
• Establish strong relationships with identified stakeholders across Vietnam and Cluster countries and understand their strategic goals, in order to ensure ICS alignment.
• Articulate the value of ICS controls and their bottom line impact to Vietnam's and Cluster Countries' security and resiliency.
• Prepare, present and challenge in a 2nd line capacity at relevant risk committees, steering groups and cross-business opportunities.
• Perform Delegation of Authority (DoA) responsibilities for CISO as defined for the countries.
• Measure efficient and effective management of ICS risk for the countries.
• Validate the accuracy of KRI's and KCI's and other risk ratings, as well as process designs, to meet policy requirements.
• Ensure that Process Owners are escalating risk, control, and process deficiencies appropriately in accordance with the relevant risk frameworks.
• Build trusted working relationships with other security functional heads, risk and compliance counterparts, and country stakeholders.
• Utilise appropriate risk management tool(s) to manage, track and monitor ICS risks across the countries.
• Maintain sufficient and appropriate evidence of work performed for review by Group Internal Audit and others.
• Monitor, assess and advise countries on acceptable risk tolerances based on policy and control environment and the evolving regulatory and threat landscape. VALUED BEHAVIOURS Do the right thing:
Be brave, be the change; Think client; Live with integrity Never Settle
: Continuously improve and innovate; Simplify; Learn from your successes and failures Better together
: See more in others; How can I help?; Build for the long term About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Apply now to make a change for good.